Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 5.00 Haircuts in Dublin

• 31-08-2004 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

:) Got a haircut today from a new barber/hairdresser on the North Quays, about 150 yards down from O'Connell st. named "Just Cuts". They have an offer on at the moment offering dry cuts for only a fiver. I couldn't believe it as normally I pay 17-20 euro for a wet haircut. The guy doing the cutting didn't speak much english but he understood Blade 3 perfectly and 20 mins later I was handing over a fiver and I actually felt guilty that I was paying so little.

regds

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

That's fairly savage! I need a haircut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah been going there for a few months now, not a bad cut, especia;;y for €5. Spose i shud have put it up a while back, never occurred to me tho :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

mrblack wrote:
    :) Got a haircut today from a new barber/hairdresser on the North Quays, about 150 yards down from O'Connell st. named "Just Cuts". They have an offer on at the moment offering dry cuts for only a fiver. I couldn't believe it as normally I pay 17-20 euro for a wet haircut. The guy doing the cutting didn't speak much english but he understood Blade 3 perfectly and 20 mins later I was handing over a fiver and I actually felt guilty that I was paying so little.

regds

Don't pay 20 euro for a 3 all over. Just buy a razor thingy save yourself a fortune

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the rasor itsself would cost like 20 euro tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea, but smith, thats a once off €20, not everytime you need it cut.
    Btw, €20 for a cut? Wtf were you getting it done? Most I paid was €9. Now I just a mate to do it for me. Free of charge, and I usually get to eat the food in his house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

This clearly isn't an ad so can you let us know which quay. I don't want to end up walking 300 yards when 150 will do the trick if knew where I was going

just head up bachelors walk (away from o'connell st)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭hungryhippo

Great offer but its monday to wednesday only for 5 euro. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Mu hubby bought one of those trimmers for himself from the hairdressers supply shop in Abbey St. I think he paid about ¬70. I know it sounds steep, but he bought it about 3 years ago, and it has saved a fortune! It only takes him about 5 minutes to do it. Add up all the ¬10 or whatever per cut and you'll see it works out very cheap over a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

go to that place myself. its up near pravda. you'll see it on your right as you come over the Halpenny bridge from the south side. ye cant miss it, its got massive "€5 " painted on the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

its two shops down batchelors walk from the halpenny bridge.
    i've been there three times over the last few months... its grand so it is.
    mon-wed only though..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bought a razer about 3/4 years ago meself for 14.99 punt,
    still going great it is and im am the master of self cutting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I've been chopping my own mop since I was 14 or so, imagine the cash I must have saved. I've had my current razor for at least 3 years, and it's my third or so in that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I cut my own aswell - a nice short 2 all over saves me a lot of money and I can do it every three weeks or so that way my hair is always nice and short. It's far better to DIY then pay a €5 every 2-3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Sico wrote:
    I've been chopping my own mop since I was 14 or so, imagine the cash I must have saved. I've had my current razor for at least 3 years, and it's my third or so in that time.
    The problem I have here is that I'm more than 14 now and reckon I could've lived with a really bad hair-cut then - but not now. With a proper razor, how easy is it to get it right first time I have to wonder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Been going there since it opened. (work v. close)

What ya think of the japanise girl with the "tool belt" ;)

Dec

Shes nice but a bit mad. she bought a camcorder from where i work and she dropped it. the door where u put the tape in was bent. Anyway whe started banging it on the counter and shouting at the manager when it came back not completely flush with the body of the camera. been avoiding her since. tend to wear a jumper over my work top when i go in :D

****Disclaimer**** Not meaning to offend anyone or cause trouble****Disclaimer*****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Been shavin' my own head with a variety of blades since Crimbo '97 - self maintenance r0x! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Georgiana

My hubby bought one of those haircutter razor things and then expected me to cut his hair!! He is massively fussy about how its done and kept giving me instructions about how exactly to get it right around his ears and on the back of his neck. Well ineviatably I cut a big chunk in the wrong place and created a bald spot. He had to shave it all off and there was war!! I have refused to do it ever since and he struggles and curses with two mirrors and I keep thinking he will electrocute himself when the bloody thing falls into the bath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Georgiana wrote:
    My hubby bought one of those haircutter razor things and then expected me to cut his hair!!

So did I. Herself is doing a grand job. Number 2 sides and back and number 3 on top every fortnight. The yoke, a Remington, set me back the princely sum of €16.99 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement