Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOTOR - Graphics card VRAM problem

Options
  • 01-09-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

ok,
    i just bought Star Wars:Knights Of The Old Republic,
    tried to run it but i get a scan warning saying that it cannot detect my vram(whatever that is)
    Ive got an 128mb ati radeon 9800 pro with all the latest drivers,any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i seem to recall getting the same message and still being able to play the game regardless...
    cba installing it at this time of night tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

got it sorted,thanks anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Wolfy

just on a side note if you have a 9800 pro u will prolly find the game runs waaaaaay better with cat 4.3 drivers. dont ask me why... download fraps and see... the game will run more or less okay (but will still be laggy, i have oced xp2600,1gb ram and 9800xt and was getting around 35-25fps but that didnt really affect the game) until u hit somewhere like the plains of dantooine and then fps will drop to 15ishfps and no changing of settings or res in game sorts this problem. but after a little forum searching i found that changing to 4.3 made my fps shoot up to 50+ with all the flashy **** on. Just bear in mind in case u run into probs

Advertisement