Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freerunning/Parkour

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Darc Shadoe

hmmm... I only found out about Parkour there yesterday, I'm very interested in it. Ye, I'm in Galway and was wondering if anyone was into it. Thanks for making that clear... only problem now is the gap in posts by a month :/
    Could anyone give me pointers or something to start out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

should lobby for a Free running forum.
    If there was a forum, threads on tips, meets, vids etc could and help increase the popularity of Parkour...
    Just need to get a few together....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

I really want to get into this, but haven't had much chance.

How do you get started?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Sanitarium

I do parkour.
    Check out the video of me in the gallery and this one.
    It is 5 seconds long but my favorite trick.
    Tell me what you think.
    www.shamrockman.net/san/bflip.AVI
    Thanks
    -San

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

Btw, Jump Britain was just on Channel 4 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

This may have already been posted but you guys should check out PARKOUR IRELAND

Not much info on the site but the message board isnt bad - plenty of people organising jams all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ghostface

Hey to anyone out there who's doing parkour! I've seen the thing on tv about it and wanted to do it straight away but didnt have the time and now im on my summer holidays and wna do some and see how it goes!

Im a total beginner but i'd love to learn. anybody up for a jam or training session let me know cause i want to do it! I also don't know any places to practice either so i need some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭gungo

How's the sessions been goin? Would love 2 get started myself- found this I'd recommend every1 takes a look!
    http://www.muchosucko.com/video-davidbelle.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stonedfluff

everytime i click on the button to go to the parkour ireland site it brings me to a masonic site it's creepy!! The illuminatai are after :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused::confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rjpc

hey,im only 13 but i;ve been doing parkour for around 6 months,but what are the age groups here,and how long have you's been doing it for?ohh...btw flips and trixs are NOT parkour,they are competly unnessasary,i live in sword(rivervally)but im allowed to go to malihaled,donabate,portmarnock do any of you live or go there often?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Joogly

Hey where do y'all do parkour? I've been doin it 4 bout a year now. mind if i join y'all for it sometime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Joogly

Hey when is the next parkour gathering i'm dyin to get some done?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭scoby

everytime i click on the button to go to the parkour ireland site it brings me to a masonic site it's creepy!! The illuminatai are after me

there was once an iriish parkour site at another address but the domain expired so it has weird ads all over it. the current one is
    http://www.parkour-ireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

gungo wrote:
    How's the sessions been goin? Would love 2 get started myself- found this I'd recommend every1 takes a look!
    http://www.muchosucko.com/video-davidbelle.html

That's an excellent link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Seen the documentary on it last year or thereabouts. It was pretty cool. I think the culture could be easily integrated with skyrunning. See my poweriser thread for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

http://www.parkour-ireland.com is the site to look at for parkour.
    Or for some cool parkour videos check out the video's section of my site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tigerman_38

Hello !
    The last message has been nearly three years... Is anybody do parkour now?
    I am french, I live in Dublin now and I really would like to practice here. Does anybody know anything?
    Thanks, Jérôme.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

http://www.pkire.com/

That's the place to be looking. I use to go out with them loads, all sound lads and some really tallented guy to practice with.
    Its a forum just like here, they have jams every saturday, or at leats did when i was still on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tigerman_38

Perfect ! I am nice to see parkour still here...
    I'll check this...
    Thanks CianRyan !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No problem man.
    I've been wanting to get back into it myself lately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 babalizzard

idiotproof wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there interested in freerunning or actually doing it in Dublin? there seems to be a pretty big network in London and spread out throughout the UK and I was wondewring if theres anything going on over here?

I am trying to get into free running in the midland Offaly to be exact. and I am looking for people to train with. I am in the process of trying out a few tricks at the moment. There is no gym unfortunatly where I live. Just thought id let you no your not the only one trying here m8. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah freerunning. Only the French could invent a sport based on running away.

scoby wrote: »
    I'm in Dublin and have done a bit of parkour.
    That said I found it really difficult to be out and about on my own
    trying to master some of the techniques.
    I've set up a website Parkour Ireland for people in Ireland who want to do this kind of thing
    and I moderate a bit on the urbanfreeflow boards.
    The Irish site is at that horrible in-between stage where it exists but nothing works yet :/
    There's lots of people I've heard from who want to have a go at this but,
    like myself I suppose, it's difficult to just get out there and do it.

I'm living in rathmines at the mo' If you're anywhere near let me know.

I'm still a real beginner when it comes to actually doing any moves.
    I've met guys who said the same thing and then proceeded to to do running front flips off park benches.
    I'm really up for getting some regular training done and building up to a level so that I don't mind going out and doing some on my own.

If you want to meet up sometime and have a go there's a guy I've heard from in Drumcondra as well, we should try and make a day of it.

let us know
    I have tried that site but it wont let me log in. I am registered the name is babalizzard. Check it out. If you can fix that it would be cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭DonnchaMc

Hey lads, dont know much doing the free running but i did hear that people use empty kid play parks as a place to learn tricks etc. Slides, swings, them house things with the rope bridge...

best of luck, looks like a great past time

idiotproof wrote: »
    I don't know if you saw a documentary called "Jump London" or the BBC ad with the guy lagging it across rooftops to get home to watch tv. Basically its a sport in the style of skating but without rollerblades

Check out: urbanfreeflow.com

Go sign into www.pkire.com and you will find allot of the Irish parkour people there. I am registered there myself, and you find out where all the jams take place. And Dublin has a big following of parkour. but there are people from all over the country reg there also. Check it out its worth it.

Advertisement