Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[request] Accommodation in Dublin.

Options
  • 01-09-2004 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

21 year old Danish student, educated at the department of interactive design in Designskolen Kolding (Danish equivalent to Royal College of Arts). As a part of my education, the school desires that their students will use their 4th. year abroad.
    My obvious choice is ofcourse Ireland. Currently I am seeking a Director Assistant positions around Dublin. Realizing that production companies doesn't take one seriously before you demonstrate that you aren't just toying with the thought of moving overseas... I seek a room asap.

I have great manners, eat politely(no burps from here), quiet and I am doing my best to make the world smile around me.

As of rooms: I hope to find something with a creative environment, but I am pretty much satisfied with most.
    As of pricing: As a student I can't afford to pay much more than 300€ preferably less.

I really hope that some of you lurkers outthere might be able to help me. Maybe you know somebody who has something...? Or maybe you have something yourself? Anyways feel free to e-mail me at:
    my AT mouth DOT dk or post on this forum, I check daily.

Sincerely, and flowers.

Kim www.mouth.dk/greyman/ <website for my coming short film> www.mouth.dk <my totally outdated but still valid portfolio>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fluid wrote:
    As of pricing: As a student I can't afford to pay much more than 300€ preferably less.
    That sounds quite cheap, especially for Dublin. I presume your job will be in film production, which to a degree means no fixed location. You need to factor home location, commutting time and costs.

Take a look at http://www.daft.ie/ and http://www.loadza.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Fluid wrote:
    . Currently I am seeking a Director Assistant positions around Dublin. Realizing that production companies doesn't take one seriously before you demonstrate that you aren't just toying with the thought of moving overseas... I seek a room asap.

Having worked as an Assistant Director myself some time ago you may find that you need to be a member of the Film and Broadcasting branch of the union Siptu before you can start working as an AD.
    This may have changed recently so I am open to correction.

To gain membership to this you need to get a main sponsor to sign your application along with three other signatures. From past experience there are approximatley 200 AD's listed (most are not active) but you will find it difficult to get started. I would suggest you contact some production companies and offer to work for free as a runner on any upcoming projects they have, this way you can get your foot in the door.

Advertisement