Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP

Options
  • 08-03-2000 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

i was just reading about ESAT CLEARS SURF NO LIMITS
    basically this is a thing where u pay £17 a month and u can use the internet all night and weekend long smile.gif
    this would save me a big phone bill, but do i have to be an ESAT customer to use it?
    doesn anyone out there use it?
    is it any good?
    cos eircom has gone totally down the drain, im even using the premium account that u pay for and its still ****e connections...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well I don't use it myself, but AFAIK, it's no probs whoever your phone company is.
    The price is supposedly going up to £20 p/m.
    And I've heard the connections aren't the best, (high latency, rubbish PL) but give it a try and see how it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

It is no problem signing up. You dont have to be a previous costumor and you dont have to use any other esat service besides the nolimits. Its connection is fine for general surfing. For games its tolerable considering otherwise the bill would be horrendous.
    To quake ign servers I ping 170 or so daytime. L8 at night I can ping 150 r 140 maybe.
    Good deal @ £20 I rekon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Venom uses it for ultima and has no problems. Then again UO isnt the Ping-W.hore that the likes of Quake are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

I sent away the form to get SNL a week or more ago and still dont have it.There'll be slaps if i dont get it within 24 hours i tell ya!!!!

-=20-40=-
    Unreal Tournament for FREE !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Esat is grand for working on your char in UO,ie.macroing up your skills and such like but for any sort of combat I tend to switch to my tinet connection for the extra bit of ummmph.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

ummmph biggrin.gif

Advertisement