Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FRANCE / REPUBLIQUE D'IRLANDE (tickets)

• 01-09-2004 7:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

France ticket site is selling tickets for this. Unfortunately my credit card doesn't like me too much at the moment so I'm going to steer clear :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

20,000 people applied for tickets for the home end from the FAI. A lot of those that got refused will still travel to Paris and buy a ticket at the stadium or buy from one of the many sites. Add that to all the lazy people who booked with a travel agent. This is probably going to be Ireland's biggest ever travelling support for a qualifier. Celtic brought 80,000 to Seville, surely a country can do the same. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Well I'm sorted, really looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

I would presume thses tickets are from French fans, I have heard 3rd hand from a source at Nantes FC that no Irish fans will be allowed into French areas. That was also the story to the Swiss match last Oct but never enforced on the day. I have also noticed that I had no problem registering on the above site with an Irish\ non French address, and there is no info about an restrictions on the who can use the tickets. So would it be wise to by them ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

the stade de france is an impressive, was there last week while i was in paris.the dressing rooms are well cool as me and my gf went on a tour.Still not as impressive as croke park though well part from the roof of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The travel agents I know have had no problems getting tickets for this one, one way or the other. I've got 4 from my usual source, and I don't think ANYONE who wants to go will have a problem getting a ticket, they seem to be ten a penny.

I would guess that the amount of Irish going will be around 25,000. I wouldn't worry about Irish people not getting into French sections, that is a load of cobblers. In Portugal this summer, fans were told that no-one would get into a ground unless their passport(!) matched the name on the ticket; no such idiocy actually transpired though. These things always make good security soundbites, but they are never enforced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What's the ground capacity if there'll be as many as 25,000 Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

the capacity is 80,000 if all the stadium is fully used as it includes an athletic track which cuts in under the first ten or more rows of the first level seating.Very handy to get too as just beside the metro station.Would go if i could afford to go but was in paris last week and going to boston for xmas for 11 days wohoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

p.pete wrote:

http://www.2-tickets.com/venues/Stade_De_France.gif

p.pete wrote:
    France rarely fill the stadium, they didn't fill it once during the last qualifiers. Switzerland would also be a more attractive fisture for their fans. They'd leave it until the last day to buy tickets while the Irish have bought a load already. Every second person on foot.ie is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I'm in a bit of a quandary!

I've never been to an away game before, but go to all the home games and have been a block booker for the last 10 years or so. But I'm going to France for this game and applied to the FAI for tickets. However its another 2 weeks before the FAI tell me whether I've got the tickets I ordered.

So do I take out the insurance policy of buying more tickets on this website (and hope to sell them later if necessary) or being a block booker am I guaranteed to get my tickets through the FAI????

• Advertisement

Your not guaranteed away tickets by being a block booker. You will have no problem selling tickets for the Irish end if you get them from the FAI so if your willing to sit in the French end book from the website and sell the Irish end tickets for a profit (if you like). I'm not sure if you'll sell tickets for the French end but I'd be pretty sure you would, even if it means a tiny loss.

Be warned that the remaining flights have reached rip off levels, unless you are pretty flexible with your dates.

impr0v wrote:
    Be warned that the remaining flights have reached rip off levels, unless you are pretty flexible with your dates.
    Outbound Friday 8th, Inbound Sunday 10th. Dublin - Gatwick with Ryanair & Gatwick - CDG (Paris) with British Airways, both returns at €103 + €112 + €215 total.

You could try different combinations and I'm sure you'll get cheaper. Considering Travel Agents are charging up to €700 for flights and accom. I'd take it and run.

I'm in a bit of a quandary!

I've never been to an away game before, but go to all the home games and have been a block booker for the last 10 years or so. But I'm going to France for this game and applied to the FAI for tickets. However its another 2 weeks before the FAI tell me whether I've got the tickets I ordered.

So do I take out the insurance policy of buying more tickets on this website (and hope to sell them later if necessary) or being a block booker am I guaranteed to get my tickets through the FAI????

As it's your first away game, you should spend the €30 on a ticket (online) and not worry if you are left with it later, as everyone keeps saying there will be thousands of Irish going. Can't you sell it on the "for sale" board? You'll get hooked on the away games!!!!!

I was just going to ask where I'd post in the event of me having a spare for Basel next Wednesday, now I know. ;)

€50 BTW, in case anyone's interested.

I would take the chance on there being tickets for almost everyone who applied via the FAI website. In fairness, I already have 4 and I expect the poxy FAI to tell me they have 2 more put away for me that I don't particularly want.

Given that recent retirements, I can't see the French being up for this at all. As has been said, they didn't sell out a single home fixture last time out, so I can't see this one being any different. There will be plenty of tickets, have no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

eirebhoy wrote:
    Outbound Friday 8th, Inbound Sunday 10th. Dublin - Gatwick with Ryanair & Gatwick - CDG (Paris) with British Airways, both returns at €103 + €112 + €215 total.

You could try different combinations and I'm sure you'll get cheaper. Considering Travel Agents are charging up to €700 for flights and accom. I'd take it and run.

I booked mine today and got them for €168. Im not revealing the route however as I have a few mates who are aiming to get the last few cheap seats.

All we need now is our tickets!

Would that by any chance be Stanstead-Eurostar-Paris Friday morning-Sunday? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Nah all by air going Thursday-Monday, Im blessed that one of my mates lives near Paris so Ive free accomodation (hence the length of my stay)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

You should be able to get cheap enough flights from Heathrow to Paris if you go through expedia or something like that - having to get to Heathrow I suppose is a drawback though...

note that ticketnet.fr will mail you and ask for a photocopy of both your passport and your credit card before they will complete the transaction :/

• Advertisement

impr0v wrote:
    note that ticketnet.fr will mail you and ask for a photocopy of both your passport and your credit card before they will complete the transaction :/
    Its a legit company if you're worried. :)
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=17138

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've got two friends who are planning on getting tickets at the French end as well, it'd be fantastic if we could outnumber the French in their own country :D Given the short distance we have to travel, the atmosphere and the French team being in transition we've got a great chance at an upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dublin to Midlands to Paris €129 return :)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Dublin to Midlands to Paris €129 return :)
    Is that Nottingham East Midlands? What airlines are with each route to get 129 and what dates? You have to make sure the times for the first flight gets into the airport at least an hour before the second flight departs.

impr0v wrote:

I bought 14 of these tickets last night but did not see anything about that , mind you I did not read the T&C. Where did you get that info.

I did not use the ticketnet.fr site directly, i went to http:\\www.stadefrance.fr and worked from there, it still ended up at ticketnet.fr

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

When you buy tickets you should get the email about sending the photocopies/scanned images within about 2 days. You don't get this when you buy them but sometime afterwards.

I sent them scanner images and received an email 24 hours later saying that it was ok and they had sent out the tickets.

All first-time buyers from Ticketnet should get this email.

www.fnac.fr don't ask for this though if you're worried.

Ponster wrote:
    When you buy tickets you should get the email about sending the photocopies/scanned images within about 2 days. You don't get this when you buy them but sometime afterwards.

I sent them scanner images and received an email 24 hours later saying that it was ok and they had sent out the tickets.

All first-time buyers from Ticketnet should get this email.

www.fnac.fr don't ask for this though if you're worried.

So they need the info to validate the credit card and it's holders details, rather than who the tickets are actually for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yeah exactly. They even ask you to blank out all the numbers in your card except for the first 4 and last 2.

Advertisement