Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought new V525 - Subsidy code needed?

Options
  • 01-09-2004 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a new phone off eBay from the UK. I made sure it was locked to Vodofone as I thought it would work on the Irish network. Seems I was wrong :rolleyes:

I rang Vodofone Ireland and they told me I would have to contact vodofone UK for an unlock code. Will they give this to me? Is it worth the phone call? Can vodofone Ireland provide me with an unlock code.

What other options do I have to unlock this phone?

Boy am I pissed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

Vodafone Ireland probably could but they wont. Its more vodafone uk's problem to be fair. Not sure what their policy is, you'll have to try asking them. Make sure you emphasise you want to use it on the vodafone network in Ireland if they are giving you stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

daveg wrote:
    What other options do I have to unlock this phone?

Boy am I pissed :(

i have an unlocking cilp for the motorola Vxxx series models that will unlock it in less than 20 secs .............

i'm in dublin if its any use to ya ?

edit......

LOL no your in Galway :rolleyes: .... ah well sorry mate ...... yeah ring vodafone ... they have a policy that if you spend over 100e they'll give you the code...... but not sure about the one ya have now since you got it from the UK ????? ...... ring them anyway ........ or if anyone in your area has an unlocking cilp = it would save ya all that hassle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Hey guy's thanks for the replys. A guy in Galway unlocked it for E15 for me. If anyone else is looking for someone to unlock phones he's across the road from CP's. Used to be a taxi cab office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

there ya go the good aul unlocking clip great yolk :) ....... 15e very good .... but i'm doing them for €14.99 here in dublin.... LOL ;)

Advertisement