Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date setting format on system - Win XP

Options
  • 01-09-2004 9:23am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one here..

I have a system where no matter what format I set the date in, It always
    reverts back to the American format of MM/DD/YYYY..

Ive set it in the usual places in Contol Panel and in the Startup settings on
    boot but no matter what I do I cant change it.

Under NT when you had this problem, you could go to the win.ini file and
    change it there buy in XP that option isnt there anymore.. has it been moved
    to another config file within Windows?

Ive all the relevant patches and updates installed in XP but have avoided
    SP2 at the moment because of what Ive been reading about it. And its a
    work PC so I dont want to having go rebuild it because of SP2 screwing it up

Anyone any ideas?

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Control Panel -> Regional Language & Settings -> On the regional OPtions tab, click Customise -> Click on the Date tab.

You need to have Administrator priviliges to do this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

thats all been done but to no avail.. the dates, time and regional settings are
    all fine as they are at server level too but it still reverts back to American format with the date....

Is there anywhere in the registry I can look and see whats happening?

Would it be possible that another application has priority here and is causing
    it to happen?

Tox

Are you on a domain?

If so, it's probably the domain controller that's pushing the format down to your machine. IF that is the case, ther eis nothing you can do because your systems administrator wants you to have that format for whatever reason.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Its on a domain and Im the systems administrator but like I said, its all fine
    at the server level.. so no its not the server...

What do these regkeys have as their values:

HKCU\ControlPanel\International\sShortDate
    HKCU\ControlPanel\International\sLongDate

Date format is a per user setting. Are you changing it as one user, and logging in as another and expecting it to be the same?

• Advertisement

nope.. its the same with all users and Ive given all the user on the PC admin
    status for time being until this is sorted out..

Ill have a look at those settings and see what I can find.

Tox

What is the user locale & system locale of the affected machines?

Advertisement