Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway Sleepers for a garden

• 01-09-2004 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Besides attempting to rip up the Dublin to Galway line, has anyone seen any good deals in railway sleepers in the Dublin area? We are looking for the long sleepers (I think they are about 2 meters long) to run a distance of over 20 meters.

And before anyone is quick off the mark - No I don't need the train to go with them !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

If it is a vegtable garden then you don't want them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mailman wrote:
    If it is a vegtable garden then you don't want them.

Y so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Stekelly wrote:
    Y so?

because i think the cresote that they were originally soaked in is letal for veggies and other things,also letal for clothes if it gets on them....mate of mine bought few of those sleepers a good while back and there still on his garden shed drying out still..

@Dummy was in a place the other day near bluebell a little builders suppliers,let say if your going towards inchichore coming from redcow on the right just before the canal where the luas turns onto davitt road by canal..they had nice look sleepers there...they do all outdoor stuff like fencing,decking etc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thanks Mad M. I'll be going down Davitt Road later today and will have a look for that store.

No veggies going into the garden. Had heard from a friend last night that cresote may leak from sleepers. Am not too happy that these may not be environmentally friendly. Am going to look for alternatives. Maybe this store that Mad M mentioned may have alternatives.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

If you know anybody who works for Iarnrod Eireann - they are entitled to a few every year at something like €4 each. You'll just need to get a van to collect 'em. The bastard cresote on them destroys clothes, hands & vans - be warned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Look or stick an ad in the B&Sell for a week or two and you might come up trumps

Advertisement