Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School taken Hostage by Chechen Terrorists

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

I've warned you about making generalised insults like this against other posters on the forum. Just because it isn't targetted at single, named individuals doesn't make it acceptable.

Final warning.

K I'll try to be more diplomatic in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So slaughtering tens of thousands of innocent civilians in Chechnya does constitute genocide. And anyway, if genocide is not going on, why has Putin barred the Western media from Chechnya? What has he got to hide?

If tens of thousands of innocent civilians being killed constitutes genocide then there are few countries who have not committed or supported regimes which committed genocide over the past 100 years or so, as for the media, just because the aren't allowed in doesn't mean that it's a free for all.

If tens of thousands of innocent civilians being killed constitutes genocide then there are few countries who have not committed or supported regimes which committed genocide over the past 100 years or so, as for the media, just because the aren't allowed in doesn't mean that it's a free for all.

But most of those died in war, e.g. Battle of the Somme. What I am talking about is deliberate slaughter of innocent civilians, which is different.

But most of those died in war, e.g. Battle of the Somme. What I am talking about is deliberate slaughter of innocent civilians, which is different.

No doubt lots of innocent civilians are being killed in Chechnya, but its not state sponsored, just badly trained underpaid conscripts who are scared and trigger happy, there is a big difference, if it were the official position of the Russians to kill the chechan problem we wouldn't be talking about it because there wouldn't be one now. Even if it were the official position it wouldn't be 'Genocide' quote unquote because only losers of wars commit genocide and warcrimes, if the axis had won ww2 bomber Harris and his like would have been hung for crimes against humanity and not have had a statue celebrating him erected in London, the death camps would have been hidden and the deliberate murder of 2 odd millian civies by the allies would be the Holocaust

only losers of wars commit genocide and warcrimes

I disagree. Hitler's "Final Solution" began when Germany was winning the war.

I don't agree with you that this is not state-sponsored. The Tsars and Stalin did exactly the same kind of stuff as Putin is doing now. Repression and cruelty to its national minorities is sown into Russia's political fabric.

• Advertisement

I disagree. Hitler's "Final Solution" began when Germany was winning the war.

I don't agree with you that this is not state-sponsored. The Tsars and Stalin did exactly the same kind of stuff as Putin is doing now. Repression and cruelty to its national minorities is sown into Russia's political fabric.

I meant only losers are ever found guilty, hence the Nazis, the Hutus, Milosevic and friends etc. No doubt another 90 year old former SS officer will crop up and be tried for shooting a group of villagers somewhere while at the same time statues are raised for the architects of the largest airborne assault on a civilian population the world has ever and hopefully will ever see that left a couple of million dead.

Advertisement