Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Quote?

Options
  • 01-09-2004 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone explain this from 123.ie? My girlfriends insurance is up for renewal this month so I'm shopping around.

Female - Born: 26/10/1965 - Full Licence for 2 years has 5 Years No Claims Bonus
    Driving a 2001 SKODA - OCTAVIA CLASSIC - 1389cc - Petrol - 5 Door- Manual
    We have submitted your details to each of the main Irish Insurance Companies but we regret that in this case we were unable to obtain a quotation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

ring them or try different details and see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sleipnir wrote:
    ring them or try different details and see if it works.

What different details could I use. 38 year old female - full license and 5 yrs no claims? What's there to change? The renewal notice is €610 and I've already got a quote from Jardine Lloyd Thompson for 524.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

assuming a name hasn't been taken, you could use the exact same details - this is an insurance company/broker we are talking about - anything is possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My guess is there was a problem with the website at the time

BTW your girlfriend should be paying a good bit less than €600, ring all insurance companies and brokers and she might save another couple of hundred :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Maybe you could try another site - for example www.insure.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

unkel wrote:
    My guess is there was a problem with the website at the time

BTW your girlfriend should be paying a good bit less than €600, ring all insurance companies and brokers and she might save another couple of hundred :)

That may be the case. I'm doing the whole ring around thing anyway. So far the best I've got is 524.

aodh_rua : I tried them and their best was 720. In the past I've found them to be quite poor.

Advertisement