Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vikings pick up the Chief

• 01-09-2004 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Vikings pick up the Chief
    THE increasingly desperate attempts of Eircom League Premier Division basement club Dublin City to stave off relegation saw former Norwich City striker Efan Ekoku - known as the Chief - join the Viking ranks.

The 37-year-old striker, whose most recent experience of senior football was with Brentford last season, had spells with Norwich City and Wimbledon in the Premiership.

He joins the club, ten points adrift at the bottom of the top division, on the recommendation of Carlton Palmer. "He's a good friend of Carlton and he'll do a job for us," said boss Roddy Collins.

With Ekoku and 39 year old Carlton Palmer after joining Dublin City its clear Roddy Collins is trying to take the league back at least 20 years to when washed up has beens from the UK could make some handy money playing in Oirland when no one else wanted them in the UK. Disgraceful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Carlton Palmer is better than some of the crap at Home Farm at the moment but I can't see Ekoku doing much. Am I right in thinking they'll both still live in England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

eirebhoy wrote:
    Carlton Palmer is better than some of the crap at Home Farm at the moment but I can't see Ekoku doing much. Am I right in thinking they'll both still live in England?

Yep, as far as I know they'll flying in to play games. Both could only play part time football due to media commitments. Here's hoping Dublin City get relegated and it puts an end to this sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Do they have a club to train with if they are not going to be living in Ireland? Have to say I'd be a bit resentful if I was kept out of the team by someone not training...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I'm off tonight to see how CHF do, Cant see shoddy keeping them up though....

Advertisement