Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do u disable reputation

• 01-09-2004 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

how do you disable the reputation option.?
    cant seem to find how to do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

You cant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

oh rite! i thought you could some people dont have it so i thought there was a way to disable it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

lisa.c wrote:
    oh rite! i thought you could some people dont have it so i thought there was a way to disable it.

Who does'nt have it?

not sure to be honest just saw a few posts by people saying you counld turn it off so i presumed they had turned their's off.

not to worry im getting used to getting bad reps for every thing i post. some people just dont like my opinion..

now ill just wait for the bad reps to roll in on this one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

lisa.c wrote:

not to worry im getting used to getting bad reps for every thing i post. some people just dont like my opinion..

now ill just wait for the bad reps to roll in on this one :(

That would bring a tear to a glass eye, have you considered counselling?

To be serious these threads are funny as all they do is target your for more bad karma. Why it bothers anyone puzzles me but it obviously does. Just don't look at your rating and then you,ll be oblivious to what people think of your online personality and so save yourself those sleepless nights.

• Advertisement

ya thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

lisa.c wrote:
    cant seem to find how to do it.

I tried asking the same question via a similar thread on 'Feedback', but got nowhere. Personally, I am now of the opinion that the mighty Admins get some type of masochistic sexual thrill from forcing this upon us poor members ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Paddy20 wrote:
    Personally, I am now of the opinion that the mighty Admins get some type of masochistic sexual thrill from forcing this upon us poor members ;) .
    how exactly, by telling you to shove your karma up your ass? :)

TBA,

Are you the git who docked 2 points off my reputation after I posted on here.

I am really getting 'pissed off' with the 'Admins' for allowing this inane controversial debacle too continue.

Enough is enough :mad: Now, I am going to start another New thread on the 'Feedback' forum regarding this issue, before I really lose control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Paddy20 again.

HAHA

god who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Paddy20 wrote:
    Personally, I am now of the opinion that the mighty Admins get some type of masochistic sexual thrill from forcing this upon us poor members ;) .
    That'd be sadistic.

They're hoping people will get some masochistic pleasure from taking it.

Like Hobbes, I'm treating it as a game ('cept I'm not as sadistic as he is)

Oh,er, ummmm well I will take your word about that as I think you are right:-

" The Admins are enjoying kinky sadistic sexual thrills from Boards.ie's defenceless members, by allowing the reputations fiasco to continue "

They are in control of our live's, and now our reputations as well.

Right, Paddy roll's up his sleeve's:- Stand well back ?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

lisa.c wrote:
    Getting banned is the only way to disable it...

TBA,

My sincere apologies for even considering it was your goodself that docked points off my reputation. I now know it was not you.

Just wish I could get my hand's around the throat of the anonymous moron responsible. :)

Hmmm, Just as I thought !. The miserable scumbags are deducting more reputation points from me, after I posted this.

Sooooo damn predictable, Damned Idiots :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

the funniest thing is when you get a comment to accomapany a "i disapprove" vote. especially when they don't seem to have mastered the art of spelling or when they use nonexistent words.. but we are a vindictive people i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Or if you actually just dont leave a comment at all and it drives the person insane trying to find out who it was that rated them.

"Who gave me bad karma? Ill give you all bad karma!"

Im so hungry right now I could eat me some karma...

Paddy20 wrote:
    Hmmm, Just as I thought !. The miserable scumbags are deducting more reputation points from me, after I posted this.

Add them all to your list Paddy. If you don't have a list, start one. I know they say that life's too short and all that but it's (probably) surprising how many people you can set on fire in a short time given the opportunity.

Paddy20 wrote:
    TBA,

My sincere apologies for even considering it was your goodself that docked points off my reputation. I now know it was not you.

Just wish I could get my hand's around the throat of the anonymous moron responsible. :)

its cool,

Lisa.c to turn off reputation you must take up yoga, then train your mind to ignore the small symbols under your avatar. hhhmmmmmmmmm...

Would the nice 'unfairly anonymous' person, who kindly docked more points from my reputation and added the comment "Complete dick", please send me a PM ?..

If you do not even have the backbone to reveal yourself on this thread. As I really would like to discuss this issue with you in a calm rational non-vindictive manner.

Perhap's the mighty Admin's who created this monster. Where people can be insulted and abused anonymously via the 'reputation's button fiasco' on Board's.ie* should start 'Moderating' what they have created. In fairness to all member's ?...

Everyone, should have the right of reply :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Paddy just ignore it. ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeap its some load of crap!!!

Gordon wrote:
    Paddy just ignore it. ffs.

Why should I, it is fundamentally flawed in favour of sicko's, it is unjust in every manner.

There are threads all over the place arguing about it's sheer stupidity.

Therefore, it is clearly a contentious issue, and I never walk away from any visible injustice until the matter receive's the proper attention, consideration and response from those responsible ?...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Paddy20 wrote:
    Why should I, it is fundamentally flawed in favour of sicko's, it is unjust in every manner.

There are threads all over the place arguing about. Therfore, it is clearly a contentious issue, and I never walk away from any visible injustice until the matter receive's the proper attention, consideration and response from those responsible ?...

you're a real peoples person, aint ya? Fighting for the little guy.

ITS AN INSIGNIFICANT KARMA SYSTEM ON A WEBSITE. This is not a bloody war crime or anything.

Its a bit of fun if you want to partake, and meaningless if you don't.

flogen

Flogen,

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.

However, I do not believe childish ignorant behaviour, should be encouraged. Especially, on the most popular ordinary people's forum in Ireland.

In any case, since when did I ever agree with you - 'On anything', and at least I am not afraid to disagree with you openly on a forum.

Not from behind an ironclad smokescreen, which you may consider " A bit of fun" when I think the opposite. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Well exactly, paddy. We are all entitled to our opinions.
    To say that using the karma system, for whatever reasons, is childish, ignorant, and for sicko's is however not your opinion, thats just insults.
    You dont like the karma system, you want it switched off, the request has been made, and the admins are doing whatever they've decided and for whatever reasons (I'm sure they are well thought out).
    And I'm more than happy to disagree with you in public, paddy. In fact, I disagree with your very being here. Given that its a fact of life that you come across people you dont agree with/like/rate, I'm happy to just tell you what I think when I feel I should.

flogen

Yes absolutely, and as you already know my opinion of your goodself. There is no need for me too repeat it here.

Paddy, if someone gave you good rep and posted a comment saying "complete sound guy", you wouldn't have a problem with it would you? Because that's not childish and ignorant is it?

*is -+ it?""

Gordon wrote:
    Paddy, if someone gave you good rep and posted a comment saying "complete sound guy", you wouldn't have a problem with it would you? Because that's not childish and ignorant is it?

*is -+ it?""

Gordon,

Yes, I would have a problem with it. Have you not read my post's on what I think of Reputation's ?...

I think the climate and food and nightlife in glorious Athen's is warping your better judgment.

BTW, You and some other's should be pleased to read that, 'This is my final post on Boards.ie, on this particular issue*. :)

Oh, happy me, HehhehHeeeeHeeee :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Paddy20 wrote:
    Gordon,

Yes, I would have a problem with it.

To be honest I doubt that .
    and if it makes ya feel better , im owning up to have given you negative Karma about this thread .

You're just getting too worked up over a minor thing .

• Advertisement

Too right Paddy, I sure am being warped. Heat does that to broken records.

hey *Paddy* how do you like the reputation I just gave you? Because I know you are reading your rep remarks and you gain annoyance for positive and negative feedback remarks. You're annoyed at the rep I gave you huh? I'm an ignoramus huh?

If this is really your final post on reputation on boards I will eat my proverbial hat.

I repeat - do not look at your reputation if you do not want to see it. If there was a sure fire way of knowing if you looked at the rep +- I gave you then I would bet my months wages on the fact that you looked at it. That's a big if though huh.

ha
    Big ears admitted to the "crime" after Paddy said he would never talk about the topic again....how very evil and devious a scheme to escape his wrath and such

tba wrote:
    ha
    Big ears admitted to the "crime" after Paddy said he would never talk about the topic again....how very evil and devious a scheme to escape his wrath and such
    Heh

Karma fight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I believe reputation is a good thing.

Most of my friends are of the opinion no subject is sacred and it can get highly emmotive at times. I came to boards with what I thought was an even-minded attitude: however, some posts have evoked the vitriolic or flippant attitude which I hold toward some stuff - which is acceptable with my mates but definitely not most people.

Reputation has helped correct this :o imho.

So I don't think it's (just :p) for sexual gratification. {Just could not help myself on parenthesis :o }

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I feel bad for you that your so annoyed by this,

stick this /reputation into ad block. There all gone. :D

relax.jpg

Gideon wrote:
    I feel bad for you that your so annoyed by this,

stick this /reputation into ad block. There all gone. :D

relax.jpg
    Me annoyed? Only about the bad karma I presume you gave me - after I have toned down several notches. WTF?

• Advertisement

:o Wish I'd studied this before posting in anger :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

"Paddy20 is on a distinguished road" but it didn't specify if you were heading in the right direction.
    I'd check that if I were you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it normally doesnt bother me this karma thing. Until someone gives you bad karma for the stupidest thing and doesnt say why. I wouldnt mind bad karma if someone said why.

example of stupid bad karma:

Half life preload topic on games forum someone gave me bad karma for asking "Does anyone know what specs will be needed for HL2 yet?"

I cant figure out why that deserves bad karma. Maybe if i was "H3Y N00BS wha Sp3c do i n33d to k1ll u all in HL2>?"

then maybe yeah bad karma.

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Odd... i checked the other day and one person had given me a reputation point and it said i had 11... now two more people have given me rep points and for some reason im on 23. This makes no sense.

By the by why can ya not see who gave you the rep point

SteveD wrote:
    Odd... i checked the other day and one person had given me a reputation point and it said i had 11... now two more people have given me rep points and for some reason im on 23. This makes no sense.

By the by why can ya not see who gave you the rep point
    Having God-like administrator powers on peoples email in work (among other things - sigh) - Can only say I've simply no idea :p

[EDIT] Beginning to regret this - back of the head please - I don't want to even hear the click - but maybe you all have a sense of humour? Ok. just let me turn around again...

• Advertisement
Advertisement