Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants for Lunch Time in Cork!

Options
  • 01-09-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend good restaurants (not bar food) for lunches during the week? I work in the bishopstown area & we've a few lunch time meetings arranged for the next few weeks & i don't know where to go. We're not going into the city but we'll travel to suburbs close by like Douglas etc..) Its not real formal so there's no need to go to hotels.. I'm looking for places like Leonardo's Bistro in Douglas.. I honestly can't think of anywhere. I've searched the net but to no avail. Thought a few Cork people here might now. Here's what i came up with so far & the 3 are in Douglas

Leonardo's Bistro -Douglas
    ECO -Douglas (but its a bit cramped & dark in there)
    East Village -Douglas (but never liked their food)

K, that makes me look real fussy but i'm not really. Just need idea's.. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I like the Blue Ginger near Abrakebra in Wilton.

Out in Douglas, I'd recommend Barry's pub (extremely stunning interior). I like the East Village myself, (it's nothing terribly special, but the portions are large). that Citrus restaurant near the East VIllage is quite nice as well.

The Nakon Thai in DOuglas is quite good as well, but I don't know if they open for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

went to Leonardo's for dinner once, not really much to write home about. Nakon Thai is maaarvellous but mabye not for lunch if they dont open... I had a nice lunch in Barry's the last time I was in there.

Out of Douglas, Bull Mc Cabes on the Airport road do a nice lunch which I sometimes treat myself to if I'm feeling a bit rich.

Other than that, Statoil do lovely sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Thanks for the rec's guys. I'll check out opening times & menu's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Well there iw Radhuni's Indian, new opposite the cinema in Douglas. Good food, but the staff are a bit, brisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

I know you said no Bars but the Wilton Bar does excellent food! Always come out of there stuffed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well if you work in Bishopstown, Curraheen stores does great food :p But as for restaurants, Blue Ginger does some fairly nice meals although some of them aren't so great, Wilton Bar restaurant is very nice or even the Crows Nest by Victoria Cross. It's too bad the best places are in the city. Couple more years of urban sprawl n we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Eco's in Douglas is very good but you may need to book. Also Bully's in Douglas is very nice and is unbelievably good value for lunches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Wilton Willow is a very nice Chinese restaurant (expect Main courses from about €12 to €16).

Paladin wrote:
    Wilton Willow is a very nice Chinese restaurant (expect Main courses from about €12 to €16).

Ya, we've actually eaten there a few times & its lovely.. God, they give you SO much on your plate!

dudara wrote:
    I like the Blue Ginger near Abrakebra in Wilton.

Tried it today for lunch and it was delicious! Thanks for that rec..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement