Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For Sale: Alfa Romeo 156 Sportivo

Options
  • 01-09-2004 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Apologies if you have seen this thread in the for sale section, but I thought "once more into the breach" and post it in the rec.motors section.

Guideline price: 10,750 (or near offer) / part exchange considered
    Seller's location: Dublin

Make: Alfa Romeo
    Model: 156 T-Spark Sportivo
    Year: 2000
    Engine: 1.6 litre Petrol
    Mileage: 40,000
    Gearbox: Manual
    Condition: Very good
    Colour: Navy
    Tax: Until mid 2005
    NCT: Until mid 2006
    Warranty: Until Jan 2005
    Specifications:
    CD Player
    16" Alloys
    Sideskirts
    Electric Windows
    Electric Mirrors
    Electric Sunroof
    Leather steering wheel and gearknob
    Carbon Fibre dashboard

Some pictures here:
    Front View
    Side View
    Interior

Eoin

P.S.

I know that you can get an Alfa for cheaper, but the 2nd hand value of the 1600CC mode is higher than a bigger engine model, although the list price is lower. This is because the 1600CC model only came out in 2000, so you can't get an older model, and also the tax and insurance and running costs are lower. I think it is also a rarer model.

Also, I am looking for a part exchange for genuine reasons - I am not a car dealer trying to use this board for advertising. I would obviously prefer cash, but if you have a smaller car you are looking to upgrade from, this may save you a private sale!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Nice car :)

Pretty good deal taken into consideration the warranty, the full NCT and popular optional extra's, if you are looking for a car with a 1.6 engine

People should drop the Pavlov Alfa=unreliable reaction, especially with the 156. It is a well build car that is great to drive and very good value for money both new and second hand. Performance of the 156 comes very close to comparable BMW 3-series

Check the car out, use the warrantee and be prepared that maintenance repairs are higher than a VW Golf or a Toyota Corolla that cost more same year / condition :rolleyes:

Best of luck with the sale eoin_s :)

P.S. One thing I don't understand. Why are you selling? Very few people take a big hit on deprecation for the sake of saving something like €3 a day on running costs, especially if they love their car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Just thought id throw my 2c in here. Went to meet eoin to try and arrange a deal, unfortunatly the sale of my own car didnt go as planed so wasnt able to afford the alfa. The alfa is in amazing condition, and you couldnt meet a nicer guy than eoin to deal with.

Sad that i had to walk away from such a deal but there you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

"_Sheep" - thank you very much for your comments, it was a pleasure nearly doing business with you - its a shame the deal fell through, but sadly these things happen :rolleyes:

Unkel, I am actually trying to reduce my debt, not my running costs as I am looking to start saving for bigger things than a car. If I have to down trade anyway, it would be an added bonus if the car were cheaper to insure - but thats not a "must".

Eoin

Advertisement