Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Smartphone on O2 DE...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

BSOD on your mobile. w00t.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've a MS smartphone, and I've never seen a BSOD. They're great phones...... (pity about the crap battery life)

TmB wrote:
    I've a MS smartphone, and I've never seen a BSOD. They're great phones...... (pity about the crap battery life)

Well, tbh the comment was somewhere between a joke and my view of windows(one and the same maybe??). I have heard he battery life problem, and came across mention that you shouldn't have an card in the sd/mmc/whatever it is card slot (even a dummy card) as this keeps some driver running constantly.

Prehaps this has been patched by now, but if it hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

that SD issue was with the 3rd gen handset from HTC (HTC Voyager e.g. Orange SPV E200) and yeah a ROM update sorted it

have had experiences like freezing and self-rebooting from both MS and non-MS Smartphones so they certainly don't have a monopoly on wacky smartphone behaviour

btw, the BSOD comment was (mildly) funny just under 2 years ago when the MS Smartphone first came out ;)

Well then I apologize for my comment and will keep my smart-arse remarks to myself from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it's just every MS Smartphone item that can have comments left tends to get someone posting the BSOD line ;)

funny enough last week by T610 screen went blue for a minute or so with the hour glass showing (interesting choice of colour and symbol!) and then it finally rebooted itself - and that hasn't even got a 'real' OS (like Symbian or Windows Mobile) running on it :)

Advertisement