Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know what to listen to next?

Options
  • 01-09-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I usually listen to music most of the day in work. I'm getting bored of listening to all my own CDs, and am not mad about a lot of internet radio stations.
    So, just for fun, I have been doing this for the last few weeks:

I have opened an account with www.allofmp3.com, which has a large database of albums, and allows free preview listening of all their songs (or albums). Preview listening just means that you're not getting CD-quality sound, but is fine for me.
    I have then used the "What song are you listening to" thread and, starting from the beginning, have tried to find each person's song. So every morning I would line up 50 or so songs in the allofmp3 player and just let it play. I managed to find about 75% of all the songs.
    It's been quite fun listening to some of the weird and wonderful songs some people are listening to! It's also nice to listen to songs you had forgotten about years ago.
    With close to 5,000 replies to the thread I won't be short of songs to listen to any time soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ah! And I thought that thread was to bump up people's post counts!

Good idea though. If you open an account, do you get more than a 30 second preview?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That sounds like a great idea. That site you listed though is an illegal site, most artists don't know they're stuff is up there and they don't receive any fees for it. The site says that they pay royalties but I know for a fact they don't. Tis all piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

I'm not going to get into whether the site is illegal or not. There are (were) some threads about this in the past:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=172306&highlight=allofmp3

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161724&highlight=allofmp3

Looking at those I don't think anyone was able to say for sure the website was illegal. If you feel confortable using it, do. I have been using it for a few months and am very happy.

plazzTT - yes, if you become a member you get full previews. Sound quality is not 100% perfect, so you probably wouldn't want to record onto a CD, but it's great for listening to the tracks on your pc.

Advertisement