Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox through LCD monitor

Options
  • 01-09-2004 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Does anyone know how to get an XBox playing through an LCD monitor?
    I have had various suggestions from people how have heard that you can get VGA converters on the Net that will allow you to do it, but I've had no definitive advise from someone who has actually done it themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

You can get VGA adapters from www.lik-sang.com, they seem to work OK.

I have an LCD monitor with composite and S-Video inputs as well as VGA, so I got a AV adapter for the XBox that had S-Video out, though it worked equally with the composite out, just not as high quality.

The main problem with converting to VGA is that the adapter has to convert from an interlaced signal to a non-interlaced signal, so it has to make up half the picture for each frame. Technically I believe it should be possible to take RGB signals and send them to a VGA monitor, but I'm not sure about that.

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

google X2VGA. its like a KVM switch allowing you to send the xbox video signal to LCD/CRT/projector. have one here but didnt try using it yet.

adnans

Advertisement