Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance premiums

Options
  • 01-09-2004 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Im looking to hear from people who have had crashes and how it effected their insurance premium,does the the value of the damage effect the cost of the premium or,is the type of crash un-important,your premium just goes up a set amount anyway!

(Yes i did crash into someone,and yes it was my fault-im just wondering what im in store for next year!)

Thamks in advance.

PS. i've lost my no claims bonus for this year now,but does this wipe out my my no claims bonuses from previous years or are they still valid,id heard that once you had a crash this wiped the slate clean,but don't know if this is true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 T_D_I

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Your no claims bonus will be stepped back.
    Not always back to zero, depends on the insurance company.
    Because you are stuck with your current insurer now (no one else will touch you) prepare to get hammered.

Ring your insurer 1 month before your current policy lapses and they
    will be able to tell you then what your premium will be.

Advertisement