Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats Your Favourite Car Colour?

Options
  • 01-09-2004 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Yes its a subject the girls can contribute to! ;)

Colour so subjective, some cars look fine in a but awful in b what your favourite (okay, so its a lightweight thread)

Mike.

Your fav colour 46 votes

Black
    0% 0 votes
    White
    39% 18 votes
    Red
    4% 2 votes
    Green
    4% 2 votes
    Blue
    2% 1 vote
    Silver
    26% 12 votes
    Grey
    13% 6 votes
    Yellow
    8% 4 votes
    Other
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

AFGS! Theres no vote button for two-colour flip metallic or orange/pink iridium or that blue/purple metallic flip Rover colour (Amaranth pearl). They are all my favourite.

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 20,986 ✭✭✭✭Stark

White cars are awful, don't know why they make them. For the other cars it all depends on the car really. I think red cars are nice in general, but I prefer the grey volkswagens to the red ones for example. Parents drive a Renault Megane, I think that's nicest in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

Cant say i have a favourite colour and that some colours can make or break the image of a car.

I know that white is generally a bad colour but i had a white BMW before and i though it really suited the particular model.

Any colour that reminds you of a bodily function? There is a passat in p1s5y yellow metallic that is just awful and the bile green metallic that Nissan used on the Micra. I had a Mondeo that was the red of blood coughed up after a hard nights drinking but it expired of a blown head gasket after a hard life of heavy smoking (RIP). Oh and that dark purple that Ford used on the last Mondeo that looked like the veins on an old womans leg. I don't like any of them.

'ceptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I think we need some cars to help us compare...

black%20car.jpg

White%20Car%20Price%20Chart.jpg

Red%20Car.gif

green_car.JPG

silver-car-03.jpg

Yellow%20Car.gif

john_grey_car.JPG

aai.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Any colour that reminds you of a bodily function? There is a passat in p1s5y yellow metallic that is just awful and the bile green metallic that Nissan used on the Micra. I had a Mondeo that was the red of blood coughed up after a hard nights drinking but it expired of a blown head gasket after a hard life of heavy smoking (RIP). Oh and that dark purple that Ford used on the last Mondeo that looked like the veins on an old womans leg. I don't like any of them.

'ceptr

Some great descriptions there interceptor! :D
    As for car colour, I think anything other than the ones quoted above....and silver. God I hate silver now. It used to be nice once, until the late 90s/2000 came along, then EVERYBODY wanted a silver car. I think they're just far too common now. Just try counting the amount of them on the road. A nice medium/dark metallic blue is my favourite at the moment.

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

I used to hate white but I think it looks savage on sports cars, ie ITR, Scooby, Evo but every white mondeo i see I think its a cop car and a white yaris looks like somebody got at it withe tippex.

I love blue, really rich metalic like the new almera or the M3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I'm with Henry Ford on this one, black all the way

Thanks sci0x, a Renault 4CV and is that a McLaren GTR (top) in the one post - my two favourite cars on the same page....

As for w4nk colour schemes - have you seen the two tone paint planned for the Veyron?

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic.mv?imagenum=1&num=1076

Clicky make go big....

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Like: silver and dark conservative colours like navy, burgundy, BRG, but not black! Also Ferrari red for most FIATs (FIAT, Alfa, Ferrari)

Dislike : white, trendy colours that look silly after a few years, i.e. the kind of blue/green/petrol colour a lot of '94-'95 Astra's came in :(

BTW a new white car depreciates another 5% immediately compared to other cars when driven off the forecourt. Why do people buy this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BLACK! and nothing else (except BRG or deep red)! :)

Mike.

Black be 2 hard 2 keep clene. Mucky country be sticking to paint and look baaaaad. BRG metallic maybe. Or turquoise, whatever that is....

'ceptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

love: Black (if it's kept well)
    That metallic chameleon Blue-Green colour

Like:
    Some of those metallic colours you see on Punto's and Micras
    Copper Orange, Apple Green, etc

Don't really care:
    Gray and Silver (zzzzzzz........)

Dislike:
    Non-metallic Red (sunfade!) - reminds me of old Fords and tractors
    White (jap imports)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Black be 2 hard 2 keep clene. Mucky country be sticking to paint and look baaaaad.

'ceptr

This is true I wash mine every week to some degree or other (sometimes a wet wipe over will suffice) my last red car would get cleaned once in a blue moon as the dried dirt/light mud hardly showed.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I can't think of any car that looks bad in Black. They're a bitch to keep clean though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

I can't think of any car that looks bad in Black. They're a bitch to keep clean though.

I second that ! :D .Although i don't think any colour could improve the looks of the new shape micra ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I think black is an all-round good colour, but every car is different. Honda ITRs look great in championship white but I don't like the Civic type R in it. My dream car would be a yellow Mazda RX7. Black is a bastard to keep clean though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I daydream about walking into my local Lamborghini dealership (you know, the one in Innishannon), ordering a Murcielago, and suavely responding "any colour... as long as it's black" when they ask what colour I'd like. It's only a matter of time. *sigh*

White is for Japanese imports and kitchen appliances by the way. If you gave me a white car, any white car, for free, I'd have it on eBay before you could say "Hotpoint". Like, gross.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

As wesley always said. Always bet on black!

img_0198.jpg

Advertisement