Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or has the IQ of players dropped?

Options
  • 31-03-2000 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I doing the burst hour this morning (training up a ninja for the new patch biggrin.gif)

I wander by the inn and there is some guy screaming HELP!

So I ask him what's wrong and he says he can't move. So I ask him to check his mouse and stuff and it turns out the muppet just didn't know how to move in the game. Actually he didn't know how to do anything (it was a [young] player). Helped him out for a little while then his companion showed up and took over.

Then I bopped over to Glow and was training wrestling on a deer while chatting to someone and some moron comes up and kills the deer and I get all the "u suk!" **** from him, so I punch him. Here's me with 11 health left, no armor and wrestling against a fully armored guy with a Kryss and he runs away!! biggrin.gif

He came back and I hit him again and he runs away again. Eventually he came back attacked (probably banked all his stuff). I'm 2 health at this stage just running around in circles with everyone laughing at him. Someone got bored and just PK'ed him. Then a noto came up and PK'ed the two of us (both of us had nothing to loot). Then he came back again after everyone ressed and someone else zapped him, and forced his noto buddy to recall out.

Btw, I put in an application for Companion program. I was thinking smurf but the hours are too long and you have to put up with more stupid people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Btw, I put in an application for Companion program. I was thinking smurf but the hours are too long and you have to put up with more stupid people.

what ya talking about brutha?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Companion program :-

When a player starts off for the very first time they are given a "[young]" title. Ultranewbie.

A companion is someone who is given an option to help these people out. You switch on your "Companion" flag and a message comes up when a newbie is in trouble and your teleported to thier location to help them, then teleported back.

The new patch coming out for the game will have a special island that only companions can get to.

Companions have no special powers.

Smurf (Counselor) :-
    This is a person who takes time out to help other players with any issues. They wear blue robes and are kind of ghosts (can't interact with the game). They do get special powers though (teleport, jail players, spawn monsters) but aren't allowed use them. go figure.

Difference between the two is...
    Smurf gets thier account for free, Companions don't.
    Smurfs have to work a set number of hours a week, Companions when ever they feel like it.

oh cool, i knew about counsellors, but i didnt know that i could just be a mr.helper guy smile.gif
    how do u get to become a companion?

right...
    do i have to be playing for a set amount of time to be a counsellor?
    ie: 4 months...
    or can anyone be one?
    cos, then i could have a free account smile.gif
    but how often do i have to play my counsellor?

a website with info?
    any one point me towards it?

Advertisement