Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARGH! WHAT THE....SOMEONE EXPLAIN PERMA GREY!!!

Options
  • 08-04-2000 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

ok, heres what i gathered "perma grey" to be.
    if i rob from someone, then i am flagged grey to them forever, so that they can kill me whenever they see me again.
    bearing in mind i CANNOT rob from players, i didnt think i could be perma grey

i was at the bank in minoc, and i was snooping this pack horse.
    i just snooped once, i never touched anyting, and i didnt try to steal anyting by accident.
    anyway, this guy on a horse is standing on top of me, so i snooped him.
    then i got a message..."whateverhisname is trying to peek into your belonging"
    then i get "whatever is trying to steal 32 bandages from you"
    next thing, "whatever is attacking you" and YOU ARE DEAD.

now, i waited around as a ghost and he told his friend
    "lol"
    friend:"what happened"
    "what a joke, he was permanantly grey"
    friend: "perma...that would suck"
    then they looted whatever i had on my body.
    can someone please explain WHY people can choose to kill me, bearing in mind i have never robbed from players cos im not in the thieves guild....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Have you stole from npc's?That will make you perma as well.When ever you have finished stealing from npc's and decide to work on another skill,bank every thing and get guard wacked to clean your perma.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They used the permacheck exploit on you (the one Origin said they fixed).

If you steal from any blue character (be it person, NPC, pet) You go permagray if you sucessfully steal the item.

So while you look blue, you are in fact gray. You can get someone to test your permagray by stealing an item directly from your pouch (they mustn't be in the thieves guild). If they can do this then your permagray.

Advertisement