Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi's + nokia 6600

Options
  • 01-09-2004 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

i have tried to use midi files as ringtones which i transfered over to my phone using a bluetooth connection and the PC Suite.

i stuck the files into the phone memory >> Sound Clips >> Tones
    and i proceeded the select the tone under profiles (general)

but whenever anyone rings me i get that stupid nokia tune and it does my head in.

anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

ok a few things...
    i have the N-gage so its the Symbian operating system as well

I plug a USB cable into the phone and it comes up as a flash drive on my laptop

I know in my phone I have to put any new mids i want to use as ringtones on the memory card in the folder:

E:\Sounds\Digital\ (where E: is the name of the flash drive)

I downloaded F Explorer from here it's a SIS file-manager program....very useful 4 cutting and pasting mids on the phone to different folders on the phone....
    Also if worsts come to worst you can go to the find command on F explorer and do a find for *.mid and It should show you where your ringtones are stored!

How i found where to put my tones was i did the above scan on the Ngage and found it on a certain folder in the ROM drive (can't save mids on it)
    however i found the exact same folder on my MMC card (the folder above) and a similar one on the RAM drive (the phone is partitioned as a Rom drive a Ram drive and a swap file drive! as well as your MMC being a seperate drive)

what this mean is saving mids on the RAM drive will save it to the phone whereas saving it to the MMC will save it on the card (apologies if this sounds condescending but dunno how well up you are on it)

hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭daggeredge

some screenshots of Fexplorer!
    (this is exactly how my phone is partitioned)
    scr0_english.jpg
    and the find command (also pops up with cut and paste)
    scr5_english.jpg
    REALLY useful proggy!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh it's okay i just figured it out there are two sound folders on my phone

1. digital sounds
    2. tones

i was putting them into tones which i thought i should have been doing but i tried them in digital sounds and they worked.

thanks for replying though.

now anyone know how i can chop/cut bits out of midi's?

that program is actually really dead handy got anymore you'd like to share with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

For other programs for the device this is probably the best database/listing out there:
    My-Symbian.com Series 60 Downloads

BrianG

• Advertisement

thanks brian

Advertisement