Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbridge to Naas commute

• 01-09-2004 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

will be starting this next month
    plan is to use Bus Eireann
    anyone using the service?
    reliable - what is it like morning and evening?

any info appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It should be as in the timetable mornings, evenings would depend on the traffic coming from Dublin so the times wouldn't be that predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Is the train not convenient? I know both stations are a bit out of the way, particularly Sallins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

To be honest, I think in this instance you would be far better driving. Ordinarily it is only about a ten minute drive between Newbridge and Naas. However at peak times, the roads into Naas and in the evening into Newbridge can be appalling. A car will give you the freedom to travel via Kilcullen or on the motorway to get where you want to go without sitting on a bus that is itself sitting in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Is the train not convenient? I know both stations are a bit out of the way, particularly Sallins.

no train is not convenient - Sallins station too out of way

my current commute is Newbridge - Blackrock [train/Dublin Bus/DART] so this is a lot better

may have to get myself a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There is a free feeder bus from Sallins station into Naas and also a seperate service that goes between the two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement