Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low level formatter

Options
  • 01-09-2004 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I posted over in the Art/Anim/Photo board about a problem I am having with a Smartmedia card that my camera won't read.

Briefly, I deleted the pictures off the card when it was in the card-reader in my laptop, rather than deleting them in the camera. I know now that is a big no-no.
    So, to rectify the problem, I need software to do a low-level format of the card. I have searched and searched and searched, but no software I can find will do a low-level format (despite numerous pieces of software saying they would).

A normal format in the card-reader won't do it as camera's use Fat12, not Fat16 or Fat32 which Windows uses. And it won't format in the camera, 'cos the camera can't read it.

Anybody know of software that will do a low-level format on a disk?

I'm off to Hawaii on Sunday and I badly need to get my card sorted for my holiday pics :cool:

Comments

Advertisement