Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish napoleon dynamite release?

• 01-09-2004 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Anyone here have any idea if this film is coming over to Irish cinemas, or will I have to wait for the DVD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

it may come out near the end of the year, but tbh i'd say the dvd would be your best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am really looking forward to this too.

But i'd say it'll go straight to DVD. But may get a limited release.

Just saw it - well worth the wait!

A mix of wacky moments with some deadbeat dialogue.

One of those films that you will really appreciate if you grew up as somewhat of a social outcast. If so, there are many moments you'll identify with!

The humour is again very subtle... kinda similar to a Wes Anderson film.

Jon Heder was great as Napolean - a face to look out for... if you can recognise him, that is.

Jon as Napolean

Jon Heder (out of costume)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

hahahahahahahahhahaa :D

really funny movie -nothing short classic i dare say.
    seen it twice now, maybe i'll go again.. my cousins went and saw it 4 times, crazy loons, i hope to break their record!

anyway -enjoy wouldn't want to say too much in case i ruin the plot for u ;)
    ~beth
    "how was ur day today?" "the worst day of my life, What do you think? gosh!"

hehe, think im gonna change my sig now.

40crush41 wrote:
    hahahahahahahahhahaa :D

really funny movie -nothing short classic i dare say.
    seen it twice now, maybe i'll go again.. my cousins went and saw it 4 times, crazy loons, i hope to break their record!

anyway -enjoy wouldn't want to say too much in case i ruin the plot for u ;)
    ~beth
    "how was ur day today?" "the worst day of my life, What do you think? gosh!"

hehe, think im gonna change my sig now.
    My personal favorite:

Napolean: Do the chickens have large talons?
    Farmer: Do they have what...?
    Napolean: Large talons?
    Farmer: I don't understand a word you just said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Man I really want to see this film. It looks class. Looks like the Region 1 DVD is out on Dec 21. Might Have to pick that up.

Same site says that its out in the cinema in the UK on the 28 Oct. Hopefully it'll come out here at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

:D that farmer was nuts ... and drinking those eggs really grossed me out, bah!

kip really cracked me up -all pimped up. and the way he talked about his chat rooms and such. "i don't, know, i getting a bit T-Oed because she hasn't sent me a full body pic yet."
    and
    "I just.. I have a chat room meeting at 4. I gotta be back here by then." "how long do they last?" "Jeez, i don't know, sometimes up to 3-4 hours maybe... Maybe not. "

my personal favorite seen is when napoleon drinks the gatorade, "why are u sweating so much!?" "im working on my dance moves" (huge swig)
    bah, that made me laugh -best sceen to reenact me thinks =)

i'll try to calm down eventually ~beth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

saw a "copy" of this back in june, fantastic movie not everyones cup of tea id say. but i loved it, napoleon reminded me of that jewish cousin in south part the one with all the allergies that visits kyle somethims. this has since been re-released in the us cinemas as a full release rather than the limited run it 1st got in june and it has an extra wedding scene at the end

Advertisement