Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG (UCG) Orientation Evening

Options
  • 01-09-2004 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow, the 2nd, is the NUIG (Pronounced you-see-gee) orientation evening for students - and mommy and daddy can come too ;) - in the McKenna Theather in the Arts Millenium Building (the new looking one with the stone finish and glass entrance) at 7pm.

Light refreshments (no booze :( ) will be provided.

Regards,
    Nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

You'd think they'd actually tell the applicants... I could have actually gotten off work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

got me debs tmoro, kinda screws everything... is the orientation important?

Well there's nothing about it on their website, I haent heard anything from them by post, haven't noticed any ads in the paper... not exactly well organised now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

The notice was in all major Galway papers (Advertiser - free so no excuses, and the Tribune). I am unsure if it is important, I'm just mainly going because I'm nosey and I want to get all the free stuff I can ;) - Hopefully they won't miss a few bottles of coke or fanta

Nick

Number6 wrote:
    The notice was in all major Galway papers (Advertiser - free so no excuses, and the Tribune). I am unsure if it is important, I'm just mainly going because I'm nosey and I want to get all the free stuff I can ;) - Hopefully they won't miss a few bottles of coke or fanta

I dunno... I just looked through the Galway Advertiser and I couldn't see an ad for it anywhere? On the freshers website (here), they say that there's an orientation on the 14th at 7pm for denominated science students (I think that's me?). Nothing about anything on tonight though... what exactly are they supposed to be talkin' about? I'm supposed to be working at 3pm, so I'd need to get off work now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

Lads relax, I'm sure it's not that important.
    NUIG is generally so laid back it's horizontal.
    It's a fantastic university to go to.
    Have fun.

It's in the Advertiser, down on the left hand side of a page, with the usual NUIG logo. I doubt that it is of any great importance.

Just after coming home from it, not a lot to shout about tbh. All they covered will be in the info pack they are sending out (monday or tuesday you'll get it). And there was no refershments or stuff to blag.

Nick

Number6 wrote:
    Just after coming home from it, not a lot to shout about tbh. All they covered will be in the info pack they are sending out (monday or tuesday you'll get it). And there was no refershments or stuff to blag.

Well, that's good to hear anyway... I rang them up about it today (the admissions office) and they didn't have a clue about it - they just said I was due in on the 14th and they didn't know about any other "orientation evening". Kinda glad I didn't take off work and lose my €50 to go to it...

I was dissapointed... because I wanted free stuff, ahh well... There's always freshers week ;)

Also, Tonight (tomorrow morning) at 6AM is the second round offers from the CAO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement