Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water cooling kits - suggestions?

Options
  • 01-09-2004 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the Zalman Reservator + GPU block, as a completely noiseless solution.

Also

WaterChill KT03A-L30 Antarctica CPU Power Cooling Kit + GPU

the zalman works out 35 euro cheaper

however, I'd like to know just how noisy the waterchill would be

Also, any other suggestions on kits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I just installed the Waterchill Antartica...its pretty noise-less. Easy install too, if ur case isnt tiny. Are you lookin to overclock? The zalman cools the CPU noiseless..but i dont think it drops the temperatures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Jammer wrote:
    I just installed the Waterchill Antartica...its pretty noise-less. Easy install too, if ur case isnt tiny. Are you lookin to overclock? The zalman cools the CPU noiseless..but i dont think it drops the temperatures!
    http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/reserator/reserator.htm

Found that to be a good review.

BTW, its for a PC that will be 7 foot from where I sleep, so is it so quiet as not to be heard from that far?(I dont mind a quiet sussuration from the water moving, but thats it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Can't hear the water/pump at all...just the Fan! You cant hear it from bout 3ft away!

I'm getting 30ish CPU temp...down from 50/51

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im getting 27'C idle with my 3800+ '' with cool and quiet enabled'' will prolly get closer to 23-24 when i put my bigger watertank back in ;)

Good kits here :

http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/default.php/cPath/21_22_37

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

CombatCow wrote:
    Im getting 27'C idle with my 3800+ '' with cool and quiet enabled'' will prolly get closer to 23-24 when i put my bigger watertank back in ;)

Good kits here :

http://www.hitide.ie/catalog/default.php/cPath/21_22_37

CC
    What kit are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The noise level of the Kits like the Astek/innovatek kits has alot to do with the type of fans you put onto the Rad. @7v i found the one supplied to be a little noisey, @5v its silent. I have 3 120mm fans @5v (incl PSU) and they make no noise, wheather i plug them in or out makes no difference to noise level.

I also have the NB fan removed, very quiet hard drives, Zalman on GFX etc etc. You will find that the pump will prob be the worst offender when you have everything else silenced.
    I havent put any silicone or anything to help reduce the noise level of it so that might help.

From what ive heard of the Zalman its extremely good for quietness, the fact that it uses a very low noise pump, is passivly cooled, the pump is under water...... the problem is its power level, it will prob make a nice improvement on the CPU but if you add a graphics card to the mix it will probably struggle.

I can sleep with my system on, but i do notice it and it can get annoying the odd time. Its very very hard to get a totally silent system thats going to perform at a top level........

Col_Loki wrote:
    I can sleep with my system on, but i do notice it and it can get annoying the odd time. Its very very hard to get a totally silent system thats going to perform at a top level........

yer you would think that wouldent you... ;)

I have the XXS kit with a second rad and 6800 ultra waterblock and a bigger watertank.I have 4 120mm fans hooked up all on 5v each.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Jammer wrote:

The Zalman can drop the temps upto 12c+ I was gonna get one but the only thing against it is upgradability.

I've got the same kit as combatcow only with a twin 120mm rad..

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm still considering this form of cooling as an option. Combatcow how you rate your system mobility wise...like for attending lans?

:D
    LOL, it's a back breaker tbh.....it must weigh 30 kg id say :eek: It's all the water with the 2 rad's....the mirror doesn't help either...i have a carry strap that sort of helps but it's really really heavy

CC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Well mine weights 17kg with nothing in it. I shudder to think what it would weigh if I had a water cooler in it.

Advertisement