Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband and MSN Messenger

Options
  • 01-09-2004 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Does anyone else have a problem sending files via MSN Messanger with an eircom broadband site?

I used to have normal dial up and never had any problems, but since I got broadband when I try to send a file it says that my IPS does not allow it.

Anyone else getting this?

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye what port do you afto open?! Some docs on the MSN site say port 1863....but I still can't upload files when I have opened those ports, if anyone knows which ports are used please tell us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

Not sure. Where can I check what port I have open? The place I thought it would be is just a blank field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Open ports 6891 - 6900 and it will rectify your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

Actually, I just downloaded version 6 of messanger and it seems to be working fine now.

Cheers for you help anyways guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

What ports have to be opened for messenger for audio chat, video chat etc? I tried searching before, but it turned up that MSN used random ports from a MASSIVE port range, which basically rendered a firewall useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

IIRC Messenger uses random port unless their bolcked, then it reverts to port 80 which is used to view HTML.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ciaran500 wrote:
    IIRC Messenger uses random port unless their bolcked, then it reverts to port 80 which is used to view HTML.
    Thanks, another coup of brilliant design from M$ :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive had terrible problems with messenger since getting broadband too, audio conversations fail right away, often file transfers slow down to 1k/sec etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ye have the same problem, I know im very helpful, please spare the kind words

• Advertisement
Advertisement