Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling Sky sub within contract

• 01-09-2004 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

A friend wants to cancel Sky and I explained to them that they can't because they're still in there 12 month contract. He refuses to abide to this rule so is there any way that he can cancel. He says that he will cancel the direct debit on the credit card

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he agree to the contract and as far as i know companies charge when you prematurely cut this contract.

they'll have a way of getting their money from him. they'll take the box and dish aswell i think (correct me if i'm wrong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

he will have to pay for the box and dish actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The cheapest thing he can do is to drop down to the Value Pack with no extras and just cancel when his contract is up.

If he just cancels the DD and plays stupid Sky will come looking for the remainder of whatever sub he's on, some money for the box and dish and any costs they have in getting the money from him.

Of course if he's only a few months in it's far more likely his box will fail a callback and they'll come looking for the money for the box anyway.

They won't come for the box and dish - they don't care about the box and dish, they just want their money. It'll be cheapest for him to drop to the lowest package and ride out the remainder of his contract (as you've pointed out, the 12 month contract that he signed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Skyuser

Get your friend to ring Sky and ask them to suspend the account because he has to leave the country for a few months on business and that he will renew as soon as he returns.

Aersat. ;)

Advertisement