Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judge Judy

• 01-09-2004 11:40pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok this may sound sad but I am board....I have been thinking about this for a while.I have a few weeks off work and day time TV is doing my head in,its CRAZY and crap.Well onto Judge Judy.

I was thinking are the verdicts she comes up with legally binding...?I no she use to be a "proper Judge".

By the way its crap if you have not seen it....I cannot belive some of the petty things they have on it.But well after spending 5 weeks in the USofA this year I have to say its one of there better shows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Some of the cases are a total joke, but actually true. The cases are real and her judgements are binding. Apparently the cases are the type you would have in a small claims court, which is why people actually go on it. Some of the cases are ridiculous, but that is America.

Some of the other programmes that are on are far worse, as I am sure you have seen. Some of them are so bad they are worth watching, if you know what I mean. All these Ricki Lake, Dr. Phil, Jenny Jones etc type of programmes are really unbelieveable. It is incredible that there are really people out there like that. I heard Gerry Springer being interviewed once about his show and he was saying that there are actually people like that in society, as crazy as some of these people seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Yer onor, he dun stolded mah playstation controller and he ain't give it back *sniff*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Of course it's real, bert is the best thing on that show, and the banter the two leads have together.... woooo go Judge Judy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Well it's civil court and the maximum the court can award as a settlement is 5000 dollars so what kind of highly dramatic court room action were you expecting? Obviously there's gonna be some cases that seem minor and petty not all though.

I think it's a great show, probably the best you'll see on daytime tv. I thinks because judge judy has so much integrety :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I think she can be a bit too arrogant at times. Yes, whatever she says in her court goes, but occasionally she goes over the top. Anyway, it is to hear the ridiculous cases that most people here watch it for. Some of them really are pathetic. Petty is the understatement of the year for some of them. You look at some of the characters and you think "if they had a brain they'd be dangerous!" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

stupid judge for stupid cases. "i was bitten on the arm by this person, i need to sue"..."i had to mind my friends dog for longer than agreed, i need to sue"..eep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Judge judy isnt stupid, I think its good and funny at times.... but some of the claims people make are total rubbish!!

Advertisement