Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College

Options
  • 02-09-2004 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

So out of interest, of the CTYI'ers on this board jsut done the leaving, who's going where? And of those who arent going to college, what are you up to? and for those who know other CTYI'ers, wtf are they up to?

I'm off to trinity for Computer science tbh
    wondering who i'll have in the general vicinity for company.
    Neil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

well i aint gonna post any results but dara foleys doing physics and chemistry of somethingorother in trinity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

<D4> Hooray for Trinners, loike. Oi'm going moiself. Maths and Economics loike. </D4>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nah, D4- UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

for those who are going to trinity and want proof that it's not all snobs, I go there!!

Yeah, for snobiness try UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

I'm off to UCD (groan) It is a total snob-fest there and I'm not lookin forward to it.. got into pure psych, but I gotta take 2 other subs in 1st year anyway. We'll see how it turns out!

Plunky wrote:
    I'm off to UCD (groan) It is a total snob-fest there and I'm not lookin forward to it.. got into pure psych, but I gotta take 2 other subs in 1st year anyway. We'll see how it turns out!

Aw I'm sure it won't be that bad. It's just that the typical feeder schools into UCD tend to be fee paying with a rep for snobs and money. That's not to say that all feeder schools to UCD are feepaying (Muckross) or snobby. There is just a large student population that are from the same backround that give UCD its posh reputaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Liz the ucd expert at the tender age of 13!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I've been around UCD and it's not that nice compared to the DCU campus.

ColHol wrote:
    Liz the ucd expert at the tender age of 13!!

Cheek! *Shrugs* I used have basketballl practise there. Also I go to the biggest all girlsc UCD feeder school so I know exactly the type who go there.

• Advertisement

This link says it all really http://www.southsidenews.com/disguises.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

You know the sad thing is that these people exist in reality. They're not just people how have an ability to write... In fact the real ones don't tend to have the ability to write... Liz I know how ya feel I went to one of the largest mixed UCD feeders - Andrews. Feckin' tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

I feel I should defend UCD's reputation here, but sadly, yeah there's plenty of D4 wannabes around - you can tell them by their orange skin. But there's plenty of normal people too, including people from D4 who don't talk like Ross O'Carroll Kelly. Campus is ugly as f**k - concrete everywhere, but the new buildings are nice. That is all. Anyone's who's going to UCD better not blank me when they pass me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That's such a great book. I've never found literature so funny before in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

the problem with the D4 accent is that its actually rael this big Rugger Bugger in my class actually said Bank Of Oreland this is partly thanks to those books dont get me wrong but the accent is spreading like a virus it'll be the new Burberry soon posh but everyone who uses it thinks its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

I don't really count, cause neil said general vicinity, but i'm in college. across the pond in connecticut.
    i say just this:

WOOTAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

the D4 accent

FFS loike.as i pointed out earlier, only the wannabes have to put on an accent because they are nouvoriche. Real D4 don't need to. and we also don't need fake tan, collared rugby shirts (they are not real D4 until they've gone shopping in paris, milan and london) and the like. get it right people

We don't say Roysh. who does?

on to college matters: i'm off to UCL (london) for medicine. FREEDOM. in the centre of london.

and to Gummybearz, like eoin said, andrew's is the true feeder of UCD. the kids don't meet in andrew's to go to UCD, they meet in UCD to send their kids to andrew's. sad.

Oh My God Loike I've just loike, started reading those Ross o' Carroll Kelly books and they are funny as fock. The whole D4 thing is so petty, but loike, Oh My God so real. All you have to do if loike, go to Donnybrook Fair at 3:30 to loike, see that. And loike, one girl in my year loike, actually brought a Louis Vuitton bag to school, loike Oh My God how sad is that? And I'm talking Totally here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

Liz, my dear, you're loike so funny!!
    i'm not going to college for a good while yet but i think i want to do design/architecture somewhere in dublin, so that i can be closer to Larry. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hey...dont D4 people call Heineken a pint of "Heino" and Carslberg a pint of "Probably"?
    Thats just sad....

• Advertisement

christ almighty will ye get some lives for yourselves. ****ing ridiculous stereotypes.

Caoimhe wrote:
    christ almighty will ye get some lives for yourselves. ****ing ridiculous stereotypes.

I'm only repeating what I've heard people from D4 say.
    so isnt a stereotype per se, more of a FACT.

im not denying that there arent complete twats out there with the poser factor but theres a very unpleasant atmosphere on the thread against people from certain areas just because of said twats. im from clontarf which is full of spoons but im sure as hell not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

so wats ur problem then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hey...dont D4 people call Heineken a pint of "Heino" and Carslberg a pint of "Probably"?
    Thats just sad....
    Actually probably was a lager in the porterhouse for a while til they got a cease and desist order. Heheh Eoin dont worry you'll fit right in - and tbh if you want really good slang you go to trinity - Scary Malary tbh <---example :p

ok....starting to get scared about going to Trinity(if of course I get the points) if thats the sort of thing being said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm off to UCD to do science. I'm lookin forward to it but all this talk about snobbery isn't helpin i'm a northsider mEEEself!!Ne1 else doin science there?

PS i'm also new to this board , how does everyone get those lines to come up after anything they say, i.e 'Duffman says alot of things!'

tribulus wrote:
    I'm off to UCD to do science. I'm lookin forward to it but all this talk about snobbery isn't helpin i'm a northsider mEEEself!!Ne1 else doin science there?

PS i'm also new to this board , how does everyone get those lines to come up after anything they say, i.e 'Duffman says alot of things!'

go to user CP, click on edit profile, then edit signature...top of list on left.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

tribulus wrote:

Yay! I'll be there, as a wolf among sheep - ie. an arts student doing science.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Any idea when we're startin?I've no idea!!!

Cu there

Advertisement