Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather trousers

• 02-09-2004 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Hi there, long-time lurker here, only registered today. I know this doesn't actually belong here, but I'm not sure where else to put it, and it'll probably get the most views here.

Basically, I'm looking for a pair of leather trousers to rent for my debs, and if not to rent, then to buy. Price is a factor, as is style. I don't know of ANYWHERE in dublin that sells leather trousers for men. Also, I'm rather "petite" (read: 5'8" and slim build :P) so that could be a problem.

So, anyone got any suggestions where to look? If you can really help me out, I promise you my firstborn gmail invite. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

buy some talcum powder first anyway. ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Lol yeah, I won't forget that. :D But I was actually thinking more of the "baggy" types, in the style of a regular pair of trousers. Oh, and congrats on the LC results (sorry if it's weird coming from a n00b, but the LC forum was a life support system for me in the past 4 months..). ;)

Ahem... *bump*

(Sorry, I really need to know.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Try the Fashion/Appearance forum also under the Rec. Section. You'll probably have more joy there.

Try the sheepskin shop for leather trousers.

[edit]Pet, are you male or female? Might make it easier to get help if we know :) [/edit]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

In town, I'm sure I've seen leather in some shops...but most likely you'll find them in a bike shop. Or something.

*ummm leather*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i wouldnt have a clue, but off he top of my head try Blacktie, but i doubt it.

also, try the fashion/appearance forum, better chance of an answer there

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well we all learnt what jesjes's fetish is ....

again, try any moterbike shop,
    and theres a shop on either north earl street or talbot street that sells them afaik...

Alright, last time I checked I was male.

And, would it be rude/ignorant of me to make another thread in fashion/appearance (instead of getting this one moved), seeing as this is the most active forum??

if hes looking for a baggy pair i doubt he will find them in a motorbike shop, but maybe you could buy a pair a few sizes bigger then what you are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

But real motorbike ones are teh sexiest...

not a fetish persay.

• Advertisement

you should see me in mine!

If ye have a bike, it's a bonus ;)!

aye i do,

Well, where did you get your leathers? Tell the man so he can be snazzy at his debs!! :P

i have a bmx, does that count?

i got mine as a gift, tbh.....

Well if ye wear leathers on it, it could be funny....so I guess, by default, your one sexy mo fo Chucky.

De fault........the two greatest words in the English language! woo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Leather trousers to your debs? Not even The Fonze would try and pull off such an audacious move, but his office was the mens toilet after all.

try http://www.bikeworld.ie,

you dont want to know the other google answers

• Advertisement

hahaha. I think it's cool. I'd love to see someone in a velvet suit. In fact I know someone who got a black velvet suit, but I think purple or something would be cooler.

Better than a boring tux...

Maybe that's just the mad people who like that though.

the best thing to do(you need a mate to do it aswell) is to wear the tux's from Dumb and Dumber.

I'm not THAT audacious, I just have a slightly off-the-wall fashion sense. And I hate formal trousers. :D

Yeah, I tried googling before, but the results I got were either dubious or just plain useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

I have a leather shirt. (Well it's pleather, but it's extremly authentic looking & a lot easier to keep clean) - Only worn it once, but it looks the bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Is there still a bike shop north of the river... just by the canal on the right, used to be bright yellow... motoworld or something like that?

Anyway, in there, downstairs, they sell all kinds of leathers, both the armoured kind for bikers and the posing kind for the fashionable types. They come in many different sizes, and the leg-length is all extra extra long. You basically put the trousers on you and mark where you want them to sit on your boot, then you cut them with a very, very sharp scissors. They don't need hemming or anything because they never fray.

You need to be really, really careful with the first cut - you don't want to be matching each leg by cutting and cutting and end up wearing funky leather shorts to your debs...

They're a good buy though - I've had my leather trousers for about two years and I love them. Cost about £20 to dryclean mind!!

Advertisement