Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a car checked out-anyone know a service?

Options
  • 02-09-2004 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i need to get a car checked out before purchasing (in Cork). I know the AA and RAC provide this service in the UK but anyone know where would do it in Ireland, or more specifically, Cork. Info appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the AA provide this service in Ireland also

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭DivX

You could try a local garage that does Pre-NCT tests? or enquire there to know if a mechanic will look at it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You will pay quite a bit of cash for an AA check - any decent mechanic will be able to check the cart over for < 100 euros. I got a car checked out recently, and they were able to give me a fullbreak down of the all the problems - which ones would cause the car to fail the NCT, which ones were cosmetic only etc.

Just ask around locally, and I'm sure someone can recommend a garage in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tdvit

if you look in the buy and sell there are always add's in the section where they sell cars for mechanics available to check out cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

yeah I found the buy and sell to be the best - there are loads of them in there around the motor section - think they average at about €50 - €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Great - thanks for the advice all.

Advertisement