Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographs Make them or buy them?

Options
  • 02-09-2004 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

i have being looking into adding some photos to some of the websites i am working on at the minute to make them look more professional and have hit this wall.

I have looked at many stock photograph website but they seem really pricey!
    up to $400 a year! for subscriptions. Now i'm not building a huge amounts of website for large companys so the price increase would be passed on to the few customers.

So i was wondering are there any site that allow you to use photo's on a commercial site for free? or will all the reply's to this post be pay-for-it-you-corporate-scum kind of thing?

-or -

do i tell the customer to put up and pay for a professional photographer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Most of the stock photo sites allow you to purchase images on a per image basis. There are a number of sites offering free or close to free imagery, but the quality and suitability of some is not that great. You also run the risk of using images that appear on hundreds of other sites already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I use sxc.hu for free image stock and find it quite good. You probably won't be able to get the same variety or uniqueness from a free image stock site but you can get some good images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

you wont go wrong with THIS and you wont pay a penny either! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

as well as sxc.hu www.istockphoto.com is a good option - it ain't free but i think we can all stretch to 50 us cent per image :)

www.freeimages.co.uk is another site offering totally free images although the selection ain't great

Advertisement