Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And you thought chrome spinner wheel trims were bad...

Options
  • 02-09-2004 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Was just looking at this post and decided to look at this site:

http://www.racersedge.ie

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse than the chrome spinners (wheel trim style!)...it did....
    http://www.racersedge.ie/re_dump_valve_NT.asp

I still can't believe it. You can listen to the sound it makes too (!) Is this what we have to look forward to hearing over the coming months?
    And check out the price, a snip at €325!

Not even turbos are safe any more :rolleyes:

DC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Why in God's name would you 'pretend' to have a turbo?
    I mean what is the bloody point?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

oh man 325, i am sure it will be good seller . I going to sell trubo emblems for 99.99 only for all this people which got this kit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh so sad. It even sounds like a geriatric labrador farting by the fireplace. Someone tell me they are joking...

'ceptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

oh my fucking god

that is pathetic

this is even worse than sticking a bit of cardboard to the back wheel of a BMX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

ffs foe another 400 u could get a real turbo and dump valve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

omg......that is a new low for the modding industry....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I cannot understand why you would buy something to make people think that your car can go faster, if it can't. I'd much rather a debadged BMW M5. To look at most people would just think its a 520i Sport but you certainly are not going to be shamed off the lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

OMG I can't get over it.

who ever buys this is sad ba$tardo . i say kit cost 15$ to make in deep China

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The really sad thing is the last couple of Starlet GT Turbo's and Glanza's I've seen or should I say heard have had the sound of dump valves, something that I can't say I've noticed much in the past, could it be that they were imitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

alias no.9 wrote:
    The really sad thing is the last couple of Starlet GT Turbo's and Glanza's I've seen or should I say heard have had the sound of dump valves, something that I can't say I've noticed much in the past, could it be that they were imitation?

I wouldn't say so, unless they were N/A starlets. At the very least, the Starlet and Glanza Turbo are turbo-charged and can be fitted with dump valves that vent to atmosphere.
    But something tells me there are going to be a lot more micra/saxo/punto 'turbos' on the road soon :)

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I was only assuming that the were real GTTurbos and glanza's but now they have been imitations, and if you're that sad, what better way to finish off your imitation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I heard a Glanza farting in Douglas Village there a few weeks ago, I had to be stretchered back to the car I was laughing so hard. The baseball cap didn't help one bit.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I dont get it......

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think it is a really good idea because if you tell your insurance company about it, they will lower your premuim because they know nobody would want to drive something with one of these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suddenely I want to take a dump on these ppl! :p

Max Power has so much to answer for.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Stop Press - Mod Takes Dump On Corsa Modifier - Stop Press

To put it in perspective, I was in an Impreza STi last week and it had a dump valve. And 360bhp. The noise is addictive and once you start to associate it with the amount of adreniline in your system it is easy to understand why you would want your modded Punto to sound like an Impreza. But I'd never take a dump on one.

'ceptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

There is a guy who works in the estate in Shannon who has one. He drives a Blue Opel CORSA 1.2i with a DRAGON on the side.....oooooo.

He sits outside the shop sometime pressing his magic button pst pst pst
    Very funny to watch and laugh at! He doesnt seem to mind people laughing ha ahha ahaa ha ahaaha aha ha ah ha ha ahaha h

Oh yeah it still has the 1.2i on the back aswell to make things worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

dahamsta wrote:
    I heard a Glanza farting in Douglas Village there a few weeks ago, I had to be stretchered back to the car I was laughing so hard. The baseball cap didn't help one bit.
    ROFL, someone gave me bad karma for this post. Obviously I've offended a Glanza tosser... sorry, "driver". :)

No coincidence that the name sounds like a part of the penis then...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dahamsta wrote:
    ROFL, someone gave me bad karma for this post

:mad: The sooner that silly reputation feature is disabled, the better

I refuse to use it to distribute any karma, be it good or bad

I'd rather make up my own mind about people and would prefer others to make up their own minds about me

This is not fúcking ebay...

Advertisement