Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'93 BMW 320 Mtech coupe.. realistic price

Options
  • 02-09-2004 12:55pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1993 BMW 320i.M-Tech coupe, 106k mls, met wine, black leather, all elec, s/ r, 6 CD changer, bodykit, fogs, 5 TSW alloys, reluctant sale, immac cond.

5800 is the asking price, seems a little steep and obviously open to negotiation. What would be a more realistic price, boardsers?

Also, does anyone know of anyone looking for a '93 BMW 316i 4dr?
    6 CD changer, 16inch bmw alloys.. will give an excellent price for quick
    sale. (100 euro dint in one door from opening too fast in the wind, and a new clutch needed, quoted 275 from Mr Gearbox).

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

it's not worth more than €4.5k, M-tech means that they can't afford an M3

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

it's not worth more than €4.5k

Yeah around that if in very good condition, not needing any work and long NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I just sold my 94 320 coupe in standard spec for €6500 and could of got 7 if I'd held out a bit! Could have sold it three times over to boot!
    If the car your looking at is very clean its worth close to the 5 mark. The leather interior might be bringing it over the five mark. As for M tec owners not being able to afford M3's ??? I really dont know what to say to that. Do you know how much an M3 costs?? €84,000 base! Of course an Mtec owner cant afford an M3!
    IMO, Mtec means someone has spent €54,000 on a tasty coupe and opted for the sports suspension upgrade pack i.e Mtec!

Us BMW drivers seem to get a very bad rap in here? Is it deserved, or god forbid , is it jealousy?

Just out of interest, what do you drive yourself Tommy Vercetti?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

bmw drivers prefer to believe that other road users are jealous of them.
    BMW is german for B.etter B.uilt R.over and they are ten a penny out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

'93 BMW 316i 4dr

How much ?

• Advertisement

Sleipnir wrote:
    bmw drivers prefer to believe that other road users are jealous of them.
    BMW is german for B.etter B.uilt R.over and they are ten a penny out there.
    Why do people have this complex about BMW drivers???? It never ceases to amaze me? How come if we were speaking on a different thread your attitudes to me would be totally different but as soon as you become aware that I'm a bmw driver you all go on the offensive straight away?? It really is weird! Anyway Sleipnir, what car do you drive?
    they are ten a penny out there
    Out where??

tinofapples> I'm afraid the only thing your 4dr has going for it is that its a 1.6 (low insurance). If it was a 1.6 coupe model you could get up to double your money!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭dulux

You are so right mate. People do have a problem with BMW drivers. I myself own a Touring %series and see both sides of the coin as it doesnt look as sporty but people do crazy manouvers to try and get out of my way when they see a BMW badge in the rear view mirror. I think its only an inferiority complex acting out on an easy target. BMW drivers are just as safe as anybody else on the road.

We are just faster and better equipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

"bmw drivers prefer to believe that other road users are jealous of them.
    BMW is german for B.etter B.uilt R.over and they are ten a penny out there."

Hmmm...it sounds like you are a snob and that BMW is too common/isn't good enough for you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

How much for the 316i dude?

pablo21 wrote:
    I just sold my 94 320 coupe in standard spec for €6500

Wow, that was a strong price. I have to admit that there are still a lot of the coupes out there around that age that still look very well indeed. They don't seem to age much at all and we're talking about a 10 year old car

About the attitude towards BMW drivers, I've experienced that, but much more so on forums than on the road. I've never been a BMW fanboy - liked them alright but liked many other cars as well. Then I bought my first one by chance (wasn't looking to buy one - just came across a nice car for a good price) and really enjoyed and appreciated it. The pleasure I get out of driving them and the precision and balance of road behaviour is way ahead of the vast majority of other cars I've driven

I can still appreciate other cars though!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was well chuffed with the price I got! Great car though. I've since changed to a diesel Beemer and I think dulux will back me up by saying the bmw diesel engine is possibly the best out there!

Spockety> have a wee browse through the buyandsell/ CBG / autotrader and see what kind of dollars people are looking for there cars. The book value on the 4 dr mightnt be too far off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dunno what the problem with bimmers is?

Ive driven a few now incl an e36 316i, new 320ci (lovely car) and a new 520i (my dads various ones hes had others but they are the ones ive driven)

I think they are lovely cars and if i could afford on id have a new 320ci any day, true they are expensive but thats for a reason

Id take one over a merc any day too

as for them being ten a penny? Compared to what? A ferrari?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

pablo21 wrote:
    Just out of interest, what do you drive yourself Tommy Vercetti?

I've got 3 cars at the moment, a roadster, a coupe and a 4x4, that's all I'm saying ;) My point is that sticking an M badge on a 4 cylinder BMW is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

getting the m tec kit isnt,

sticking a badge on i agree is stupid, but the m - tech kit is a worthy extra imo

My point is that sticking an M badge on a 4 cylinder BMW is gay.

Have never even driven a 4-pot BMW myself :)

When I got my car, it had several badges and stickers put on by the aftermarket company that had lowered it, upgraded the alloys, etc. Needless to say these pieces of junk have long gone. No badges left at all

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I've got 3 cars at the moment, a roadster, a coupe and a 4x4, that's all I'm saying ;) My point is that sticking an M badge on a 4 cylinder BMW is gay.

The 320 is a 6 cylinder engine.
    THe M-badge isn't necessarily just a badge, as was discussed on this board only two weeks ago, it can be an indication that performance shocks, alloys, or body kit have been added.

M badges

I am going to put an Mtec front bumper on my 525tds Touring and a set of 18" alpina replica wheels but I would never consider puting the M badge or even changing the 525 one. It looks stupid and the perfomance just isn't there. But what I will say is the straight six deisel and V8 deisel are no slouches.

I like the looks but would never get the badge.

dulux wrote:
    M badges
    I am going to put an Mtec front bumper on my 525tds Touring and a set of 18" alpina replica wheels but I would never consider puting the M badge or even changing the 525 one. It looks stupid and the perfomance just isn't there. But what I will say is the straight six deisel and V8 deisel are no slouches.
    I like the looks but would never get the badge.

I think the conclusion that was drawn was that in fact legitimate M badges are put on in the factory once the modifications have been made. They come with the car.

Obviously a lot of owners take liberties and stick badges on themselves, but surely this should be viewed in a completely different way?

Are people here saying that if they bought a brand new BMW, and requested an M kit be added in the factory for an extra 10 grand or whatever, that after they got it home, the first thing they would do is debadge the M??

Remember, there is a difference between an "M" badge, and an "M3" badge. OBviously anyone that sticks an "M3" badge on a 316 is a sad bastard.

But a 320 is a 6 cylinder?? Where did ya get the 4 pot from??

spockety wrote:
    I think the conclusion that was drawn was that in fact legitimate M badges are put on in the factory once the modifications have been made. They come with the car.

Obviously a lot of owners take liberties and stick badges on themselves, but surely this should be viewed in a completely different way?

Are people here saying that if they bought a brand new BMW, and requested an M kit be added in the factory for an extra 10 grand or whatever, that after they got it home, the first thing they would do is debadge the M??

Remember, there is a difference between an "M" badge, and an "M3" badge. OBviously anyone that sticks an "M3" badge on a 316 is a sad bastard.

I think if you buy a 520 and put a Mtec kit on it, dont put an M badge on it. But if I but the real M5 I would never take it off.

As far as I know if you request the M pack added to your new car you dont get an M badge. Or do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

spockety wrote:
    5800 is the asking price, seems a little steep and obviously open to negotiation. What would be a more realistic price, boardsers?

My father has been offered > €10K for my old 94 320i coupe twice in the last fortnight, €5800 sounds like a good deal to me if the car is in good condition.

kdevitt wrote:
    My father has been offered > €10K for my old 94 320i coupe twice in the last fortnight

sell NOW and run :D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

dulux wrote:
    We are just faster and better equipt.

That's funny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

spockety wrote:
    THe M-badge isn't necessarily just a badge.... it can be an indication that performance shocks, alloys, or body kit have been added./QUOTE]

'Can' being the operative word.

How much ?

Sorry forgot to reply to these..

Will be advertised in Buy and Sell for 3,500, but the 'boards.ie no bull**** no haggle bottom line' for anyone here is 3,000.

It is NCD'd until next summer (will pass again no bother), metallic green, 16 inch alloys (225/50 profile), Pioneer 6 CD changer and head unit, sunroof, electric mirrors, new brakes all round in the last 4000 miles (full replacement of rear drums and shoes, and new front discs and pads)

If anyone wants a picture of it you can PM me or reply here

Is1ldur wrote:
    spockety wrote:
    THe M-badge isn't necessarily just a badge.... it can be an indication that performance shocks, alloys, or body kit have been added./QUOTE]

'Can' being the operative word.

Aye, it's obviously always going to be a case of 'buyer beware' with anything like this...

Know what you are looking at!

Advertisement