Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cayman Netopia 3341 firmware/updates?

• 02-09-2004 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking about getting the Eircom 3341 for use with IOLBB, can anyone tell me if any firmware or sotware updates are available on the net. Something more current then what ships with the Eircom model being given out?

Links would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Yeah there is a firmware upgrade out there, it added stateful inspection and a couple of other small things to mine... Think I actually got it from the Eircom support site.
    What are you replacing with the Netopia? Don't IOL give a Zyxel, I'd be keeping it over a 3341...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

I am thinking about getting the Eircom 3341 for use with IOLBB, can anyone tell me if any firmware or sotware updates are available on the net. Something more current then what ships with the Eircom model being given out?

Links would be appreciated.

it has a built in utility that downloads the latest version from netopia by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I used the auto-update before, it setup an admin password but I couldn't find what it was anywhere, ended up having to do a hardware reset and used the Eircom supplied upgrade. Not sure if it was something I did wrong or what but there you go...

Advertisement