Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap Wrap - A disappointing lunchtime for Kone!

• 02-09-2004 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I bought a veggie wrap in a shop on Baggot St earlier (I won't name them just yet!) and when I got back to my desk and opened it up I was shocked by the supreme lack of content! It USUALLY include Tomatoes, Lettuce, Parmeasan Cheese, Croutons and Sauce.

Check out the pics below to see what I got today!

Would you be happy with this?

Would you be happy with this wrap? 4 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Kone wrote:

I'm sorry but i'm laughing here. No i would NOT be happy with that "wrap"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

I'm literally about to walk out the door and get a sambo on baggot st, which shop/deli, I must know I'm bleeding starving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ok first of all, who the **** voted yes. :rolleyes:

I bet it was the first day of the person who made that wrap, they havent a clue about good quantities and/or the manager told them not to put too much in and they are ****ting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Ok first of all, who the **** voted yes.

Our board resident anorexics?

I'm a bad man going to hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Ok first of all, who the **** voted yes. :rolleyes:

I bet it was the first day of the person who made that wrap, they havent a clue about good quantities and/or the manager told them not to put too much in and they are ****ting it.

No, it wasn't a new starter, the girl in question has been working there for over 6 months! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Dude, your taking the p!ss.

That can't be real!!!

Although I remember the first time i was doing breakfast shift in the States.

Some fat sh!t comes in and wasn't satisfied witht the amount of cream cheese put on his bagel. Kept telling me to put more on.

Me being Irish and unfamiliar with the ways of the breakfast bagel proceeded to do this for the next customer. She went crazy and questioned my parentage etc.

Probably a new person. Did they look like they came from a famine struck country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

There is a trail of salad from the shop to your desk.
    No other explanation makes sense.

As I said above, no, it wasn't a new starter, the girl in question has been working there for over 6 months!

I wish I was taking the piss! It's real :(:confused:

Gurgle wrote:
    There is a trail of salad from the shop to your desk.
    No other explanation makes sense.

Nope, it was all nicely wrapped up (excuse the pun) in a paper wrapper and then a brown paper bag, no leakage at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I hope you got it for free!! How much did you pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Where's the contents? No seriously... This is almost a case for the Rip Off Ireland forum. Unbelievable. Name and shame now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Quick ... somebody call the Office of the Director of Comsumer Affairs!

Actually ... loking at those pictures has made me very hugry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

That has to be the WORST excuse for a wrap Ive seen in a longtime..

Jeez man, why are you even questioning whether to go back or not.. get yer
    ass down there now and scream at someone.. then ask for another wrap :D

Tox

Winters wrote:
    Quick ... somebody call the Office of the Director of Comsumer Affairs!

Or the Sambo Police! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭lisa.c

are you sure you didnt order an anorexic wrap...

that is so pathetic looking how much did you pay for it?

go back to the manager and ask him for a price breakdown of the wrap you bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Kone wrote:
    Are you kidding me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lol my mum overfills the ones in our shop. I don't know how we aren't bankrupt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

If I was to take a guess I reckon that wrap came from the shop beginning with M on Baggot st where they have many workers who originate from foreign lands....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

`bring it back immediately and complain.
    That's a joke of a wrap.
    Which shop was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Bring it back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

are you sure its not the Low Carb Wrap or the 1 Point Weightwatchers wrap or perhaps she just got tired of spitting in it........ :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Name & shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Kold wrote:
    where is that Kold will frequent it if its close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Thats a heap of crap-I hope you went back to them with that piece of bollox-name that shop so we can avoid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You did take it back didn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kold wrote:
    So now it seems you are ignorant to customers of a shop that have actually paid for your upbringing and could be responsible for any earnings you receive during your adult life??

You should study the McDonalds book of Economics, hook em young.. Can't wait till your begging us to put change in one of those plastic bags you hate so much on Halpenny bridge!!

You wont be long putting a few papers in a bag to get fed then ;) oh the joy of being a right prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I voted No because i dont like mayo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So now it seems you are ignorant to customers of a shop that have actually paid for your upbringing and could be responsible for any earnings you receive during your adult life??

You should study the McDonalds book of Economics, hook em young.. Can't wait till your begging us to put change in one of those plastic bags you hate so much on Halpenny bridge!!

You wont be long putting a few papers in a bag to get fed then ;) oh the joy of being a right prick.
    Number one, we bought the shop 2 years ago. Number two, I'm studying Psychology and doubt that I will make my living out of this shop when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Kone, please, please tell us you brought that measly piece of crap back and kicked up a massive stink about it. Because, if you didn't, I'm very disappointed in you! ;)

I know if it had been me, I would have demanded free sandwiches and wraps for life from the place. In fact, I would have gone to the papers and TV and exposed the national "Stingy sandwich and wrap filling scandal".

Okay, maybe not! :D

What I'd like to know is, who the hell are the four people in the poll that voted that they'd be happy with that measly thing? Obviously somebody on a very weird diet! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe she dropped it on the floor and didn't want to make another. Was it a little... crunchier... Than usual?

Advertisement