Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following up on My previous Post:Possible SALE

Options
  • 02-09-2004 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭

Richer Sounds,are being very reluctant to take back the home cinema system,i bought off them.or even arrange a return!.
    There is no word from them.

I would rather just get rid of the thing right now.And sell it off,at a discount.
    I dont' have the time to wait,for them,to play games with me.

the dvd player plays REGION 2 DISCS fine,and also American discs,But the American discs play with a dvd picture,glowing....

It might be my tv,ntsc problems..But i don't have the energy to look into it.

If anybody is interested in collecting it off my hands....
    It's only one month old now(due to all the emails,i have sent to richer sounds).It has been played,and all region 2 discs work perfectly.
    the speakers and subwoofer i set up,worked perfectly.With great surround sound.

It's a PIONEER DCS-515 multiregion home cinema system,that plays Pro LOgic 2 surround sound,for tv programmes,and games etc.
    While having the Surround sound,for music and movies.
    It has an RMS wattage of 450W which is powerful.

I don't know,maybe a lucky buyer here,will find.Their tv actually plays American discs.Added bonus.

I repeat,If anybody wants a SURROUND SYSTEM,all in one.It is working perfectly in region 2,and last time i checked-it was 700 on the high street.

I bought for 318 euro.

i will offload,for 150 euro minimum,If you can collect in Cork City,in the next few days,or week.I still have the receipt,and the boxes,from a month ago,stacked in my bedroom.

My credit card needs to be paid and I'm making no use of the system,because most of my collection is American.
    And i'm getting fed up,of asking all these people for information,about ntsc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Just check the scart settings on you TV. The can be set for PAL or RGB.
    Believe me its a 2 second change and it makes a big difference.
    Try it, you know it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

the dvd player plays REGION 2 DISCS fine,and also American discs,But the American discs play with a dvd picture,glowing....

Firstly I'm sorry for not getting back to you in the original thread, I've been up to my eys of late.

Anyway . .

Can you describe this "glowing" a bit more . . In the original thread you said you had it connected via scart - have you enabled the RGB scart input to the TV and used a full scart cable as Hagar is suggesting.

Details on your TV (Mitsi BDS2846WS) are sketchy but it does appear to support NTSC. This at least means it should support the 60Hz Frame rate present on Region 1 discs. Picture artifacts like you describe would normally be associated with a composite signal. Are you in the Dublin area ? It would be a shame to get rid of the system if it's a connectivity problem - it looks a decent enough specced system. I might be able to help if I saw the problem first hand - or can you post a photo of the effect ?

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭butch9850

On the tv,I am not sure if there is a Pal or Rgb setting.
    The tv has an AUTO mode,just by itself,It does not let me,sway..and say:one from the other,directly.

The Dvd Player has a tv setting.I changed it from auto to pal.
    The composite...No,The video output on the tv(using the dvd player setup remote),is switched to scart,rgb.

Glowing?..I mean,like flashing....It occurs vertically,on both sides of the screen.The picture is perfect,using rgb scart,but this flashing,i just don't know..where it comes from.

U might understand if i say it,this way>>>>

Pal discs play with perfect flat dvd picture,it's what dvd should be.
    ntsc discs play.....There is a green tinge across the top of the screen,alot..And the flashing occurs.
    The closest i can say about this flashing is:It's not lines flying down the screen(That would show,a setup is wrong,like not having rgb,with rgb connection)....It is more like a flashing camera.

Pity i am living in Cork.Don't have a polaroid neither.

I'm finding it difficult to visualise the effect mate, does it happen on ALL Region 1 discs, does any setting make a difference to the effect.

ZEN

Ya it happens on ALL region 1 discs.
    The dvd picture itself is perfect.
    But the tv shows a sort of halo effect,on both sides of the screen...Changing settings never got rid of this.Whether i ****ed up and changed about.The halo effect always stayed.It is like watching a dvd,,but also a video type quality,at the sides.

Region 2 discs never had a halo affect.You notice the difference,straight away,when going from a region 2 disc to a region 1 disc.

I checked both scarts at the back of tv,and they made no difference,.Just one gave an RGB signal,The other just gave a normal stereo signal.
    And,Changing the video output to anything other than RGB did not solve the picture problem i have.

What do you suggest?just sell it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Sounds like you got an incredible deal for the system - it'd be a shame to lose out on it now. Try this site for some really good information on compatibility:
    http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/87-00-video-standards-ntsc-pal.html#oldtv

good luck with it

I suppose the longer you hold on to it the less it'll be worth so maybe getting rid would be best - just don't demo it to prospective buyers on that TV set with Region 1 discs.

Good luck!

ZEN

Here we are.

It might be the televisions Fault.The tv may not do pal 60.Pal 60 is somehow preferred to pal,when using ntsc discs.Therefore,stuttering of image.
    Somehow,it is too weird for me,to believe..A pal tv,can't do pal 60,or that it would be allowed,to do this!!.

Thanks for the Techtronics ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

you can buy an ntsc to pal converter. its about €100 (that was in a shop, so prob cheaper on the net). leave the dvd outputting on ntsc on a region 1 disk and then this like box thing will convert it to a "true" pal signal.

You wouldn't know a part site...
    Who will send...And (if not work)...I can send back for a refund?,.

Do Amazon,do that??.
    I wouldn't want to buy,if it didn't make a difference.

But leaving dvd player at ntsc,is a very good idea,using a convertor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement