Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New FAI crest and new kit!!! It looks crap!!

• 02-09-2004 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Just my humble opinion, but the new FAI crest looks absolutely sh1t!!!!

Its just a bit too 'oirish'... All its missing is a leprachaun and a pint of Guinness FFS!!! It looks like a sunday league teams 'made-up' crest.

The new shirt looks crap as well and to top it all off it still has eirscum slapped across the front of it...

check it out at http://www.fai.ie

Your opinions please...

Your opinion of the new FAI crest 18 votes

I love it. A lot better than the last one.
    0% 0 votes
    Looks sh1t. What the hell where they thinking?
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

We're never going to like what the FAI do. Have a look at what the nuetrals think:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1886548

78% of people voted between OK-Beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

its far too white, too many white spaces which always looks bad, wheres the colour and strength and depth??

it looks very wishy washy to me. a cross between the champions league logo and the traditional outline of a club crest.

i prefer the old one tbh, just plain and simple with colour and no fuss.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Looks like a feckin Arsenal Crest to me. I don't like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

There needs to be an in betweeny option on the poll.
    Its better than the old crest, but it's still not great. It's quite celtic-y.
    The new kit is decent enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm not a big fan of the new logo/crest. It looks like they asked for a flashy website logo then asked for it to be turned into a crest.

The new kit seems fine tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I voted no just to be cynical like everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I wouldnt say I loved it but it beats the last one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Will the lads be wearing it against Cyprus on saturday?

they are already wearing it. I think its a bit on the white side, maybe they could have put in more green and orange but it looks well compared to the old one.

I think a crest would have been the best option but they probably went with a logo so that they can change it in another 5 years;) Expect a tour of America in the not too distant future :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

They should just dump that big orange blob on the front for starters, I have not bought an Irish jersey since it appeared on it,
    Get a replica from Dunnes at least you wont feel like a advertisment Billbord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

That is one thing that really gets me about the gear that you cannot buy the gear without advertising the RAT.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It looks like a crest to me!

Does it really matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

pogcica wrote:
    They should just dump that big orange blob on the front for starters, I have not bought an Irish jersey since it appeared on it,
    Get a replica from Dunnes at least you wont feel like a advertisment Billbord

same here.. the last one i bought was 1994 for the world cup in USA. I refuse to buy one with eircom splashed across the front of it... though I am considering buying the current one and ripping the eircom sh1t off the front of it as i actually think its a nice kit... (the one with the faint white stripes across the middle)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Aye, I neither hate nor love the new crest, the new kit is nice but once again it is ruined by the EIRCON logo (I am particularly angry with eircon right now so this has made things worse!), there must be a way to remove the orange blob without ruining the jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Its just a bit too 'oirish'

hmmm....

so you would prefer the irish crest to be not too irish.
    more british?more italian? :D

I think a crest would have been the best option
    Eh, it is a crest. :D
    pogcica wrote:
    at least you wont feel like a advertisment Billbord
    Every football club in Europe have an advertisement on their jersey. I really don't care if we're the only country to do so (we actually aren't), if you ask me it looks plain without anything there.

hmmm....

so you would prefer the irish crest to be not too irish.
    more british?more italian? :D

Nothing wrong with it being irish... It just looks like something you'd see on a t-shirt that you'd sell to the american tourists on grafton st...

The crest that was replaced was irish. It had our colours and a shamrock, it didn't look like something from a tourist gift-shop FFS...

Eh, it is a crest.

It looks more like a logo to me. A crest is something like Brasil or even the northern ireland one. Something that doesnt age with time. The could have put a proper shamrock on it for a start.

What about the Brasil jersey or Holland or even England. They dont have a scummy advertisment on the front ?? This is a national jersey not a club. Im going to email the FAI and ask is there Ireland shirts available without the dum Eircon on the front. Otherwise Im going to take it off myself :D:D

It looks more like a logo to me. A crest is something like Brasil or even the northern ireland one. Something that doesnt age with time. The could have put a proper shamrock on it for a start.

What about the Brasil jersey or Holland or even England. They dont have a scummy advertisment on the front ?? This is a national jersey not a club. Im going to email the FAI and ask is there Ireland shirts available without the dum Eircon on the front. Otherwise Im going to take it off myself :D:D

Agreed. Its not a proper crest...

I already emailed the FAI about that and I never got a reply. I think thats what im going to do with the eircom logo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Otherwise Im going to take it off myself :D:D

If anyone does this and it turns out well could they post how they did it. I'd be afraid that all I'd be left with is a jersey that looks worse than it did before I started messing with it :eek:

• Advertisement

I will get it done in a tailors. It will only cost a few €uro and would really make the difference:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Let me know if it goes well, I'll be wanting to do something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Bateman wrote:
    Let me know if it goes well, I'll be wanting to do something similar.

as will I .

infact im sure most people here , who have or want to get a current Ireland will want to do similer .

I sent a email off to info@fai.ie about whether its possible to buy a jersey without the logo, i even said I would pay more. Come to think of it, I cant think of too many countries with a logo on the front. Brasil, Germany, England, Netherlands... its all a bit scummy.

(oh wait, i see the scots have scottish gas on the front of theirs, there playing Espana in Valencia now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

eirebhoy wrote:
    Every football club in Europe have an advertisement on their jersey. I really don't care if we're the only country to do so (we actually aren't), if you ask me it looks plain without anything there.

Barcelona don't. Which means my only jersey with a sponsor on it is my Irish one (and my old AC Milan one).
    Jerseys look much nicer imo without a sponsor plastered across the front of them.

As for the new FAI crest, well it is a bit too white but I prefer it to the old one. The new jersey looks ok too. I wont be buying it anyway so I don't really care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think someone with more energy than me should start a campaign on this manual Logo removal method ... because the FAI are never gonna give us what we want!

If a proper removal method was discovered it could then be deceminated thru the net ala that 'wanna be a ninja' fad that was all the go about 2 years go.

Just Imagine the South Terrace completely populated with people wearing the new jersey but no Eircon! How cool would that look? The Eircon fatcats in their corporate box would probably have a collective arse-attack at the sight

Pigman II wrote:
    I think someone with more energy than me should start a campaign on this manual Logo removal method ... because the FAI are never gonna give us what we want!

If a proper removal method was discovered it could then be deceminated thru the net ala that 'wanna be a ninja' fad that was all the go about 2 years go.

Just Imagine the South Terrace completely populated with people wearing the new jersey but no Eircon! How cool would that look? The Eircon fatcats in their corporate box would probably have a collective arse-attack at the sight

yes i concur... lets start the movement... The 'ELRLF'

The Eircom Logo Removal Liberation Front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

back in 2002 just before the world cup i managed to find the away (white) jersey without the eircom logo
    Maybe its not the jersey but it is an official umbro top with crest and short sleeves and i still use it.
    So it might be worth checking out the full range of stuff

I can be doin with the new crest its ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I think it looks ok its not great but it beats the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think the green jersey should be binned for good.
    It looks awful.
    You just cant do anything with green.
    We should use the white jersey with green shorts.
    Its a beautiful contrast .

Even football 365 is having a swipe at the crest thing:

http://www.football365.com/fun_downloads/lookalikes/story_125071.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

LOL

They're not far off with that!!

"The Irish Toxic Team"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Since when were the players representing "FAIreland" when they pull on their national jersies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

PiE wrote:
    Since when were the players representing "FAIreland" when they pull on their national jersies?
    Since 1921

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The crest on the shirt should just be the tricolour IMO. Then they can have whatever stupid looking logo they want for letterheads, training gear, tickets, etc etc.

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    Have a look at this site:
    http://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop-by-country-ireland-ireland-national-team-ireland-2005-home-ss-soccer-jersey.html

If you pay the extra $1.99 for a number on the front of the jersey you must get it without the Eircom logo. I'd say its a mistake though. :(

can you get it without a number and logo ??

Advertisement