Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any1 playing Everquest? (nt)

Options
  • 05-05-2000 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Tried it, but didnt like the load times and the lack of player interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Tried it as well.

- Load times sucked.
    - having to agree to the license every time sucked.
    - Can only see in one direction easily, text is more like IRC then UO (uo puts text over peoples heads).

I didn't really get into because of that.

Considering UO:R is only $20 for the game, works out cheaper.

Shadowbane is the one to look out for though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well I just picked up the Ruins of Kunark expansion for 25 quid in Game.This game rocks.Think my time in UO is over smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think one of the worst things your going to find vs UO is the way leveling works.

As everyone who's played UO starting off will agree.

A newbie can join a group of professional players and while might not be great, they do have a better chance of living.

This is not the case in EQ. If you went away for a few weeks and all your friends went up a few levels you can pretty much say good bye to them until you catch up.

Another thing which is scary is that EQ is "Class" based where as UO is "Skill" based.

What this means is if for example they added a patch which makes fencing useless in UO you can drop that skill for another while keeping all the others. In EQ you would have to trash the character if you wanted to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Well, I've been playing it for a while, and it 0wns me smile.gif

I have to say I love it, far more than UO (heresy!). I play on The Seventh Hammer server, which is very new, so there aren't any vicious high level characters yet really, and there's plenty of zones to go around...

• Advertisement

All you said is true but UO is a worse victime of nerfs.Look at the last few patchs,they have all but screwed over all the older players.My mage,thief and fisherman have all been nerfed out of the game.After 2 years in the building my mage now get whooped by a month old newbie warrior.That just sucks.Also I find UO unplayable due to lag these days where I get no lag in EQ.

Im playing a 9th level iskar shadow knight on the sayrn sever.

Oooh Iksar... aren't you guys KOS in most towns tho? Must be a pain in the hole :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Like OMG Like.

I take back all I ever said about UO and patch. this thread having peeped my interest in Everquest once more, I decided to dig out my copy of it ( not the ruin of Kittywhatsitsface ).
    And was presented witha patch download for 1.5 hours :/
    So my next question is whats the big difference between the old one and the new lands(?) you guys are playing ? Huh huh

The new lands let u play a lizad man type race,the gfx are much better.Start on the sarynn sever and I buff u up to my level fast smile.gif

Hehe I was gonna start on Saryn, but went for Seventh Hammer instead. But if you guys are going to play EQ, I might make a saryn character...

Ugh back to smashing bats in greater fay it is then smile.gif

• Advertisement

Well I started on Saryn as it seems to have the least players on it during irish gaming hours and that means less groups camping the good spots.

So is it just me and venom then? smile.gif
    If you guys all want to get together on the same server, give me a shout!

Advertisement