Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everquest or Whatsit Call

Options
  • 24-05-2000 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Well for the dont know how many times, I've decided to quit UO, or atleast the OSI run servers. So my question is which is better Everquest ( the new version ) or whatsit Call?

Keeping in mind my fondness doing in other players?

Also are we still up for doing a player shard, has anyone done any of the other islands yet, if so we could look at merging and seeing how things fit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'd be interested in hearing about Asheron's call, but for the time being Everquest 0wns me smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Got everything up and running, but Axis is missing Spheredevs2.* so it willna do stuff for me... frown.gif

It has spheredevs.* just not 2.

Anyhoo, I'm off to read the instructions frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well from the various reviews AC seems to suck,and suck bad.The new version of EQ (£25) looks fantastic.The players are really sound and the gm and guides(smurfs) are very helpful.

Playing in a way to **** off other players is a no no in EQ as you need to group to get to the higher levels and if you **** ppl off no one will group with you.

The game is so very playable on a 56k modem its unreal,talk about damm good net coding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

True... apart from the very occasional packetloss-teleport effect, its totally smooth. Very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've played AC briefy.

To get anywhere in AC you have to get vassals. This is people pledging alliegence to you. Then when they get experience you get some. (kind of like how Amway+pyramid schemes work).

So my second day on I had three different people come up to me and give me mad weapons (flaming sword, super l33t armor) in return I would pledge alliegence to them. Of course I had no clue how to and ended up loosing the weapon by getting smacked by the next rabbit I bumped into.

AC is big, and I mean really big and the way the server works the map is handled better. there are supposed to be good quests in it and plots which effect the outcome of the server. Funniest one I heard a player accidently found an entrance into where the gods hang out in AC and one of them asked which town did they think sucked. He named a town and the gods teleported him back to the lands and then destroyed the town and killed everyone in it. Something like this just wouldn't happen in UO.

I liked AC over EQ as the game is absolutly massive and no zones (they have portal storms). But I'm still not mad on the Quake style. I prefer the overhead. Plus it's a M$ game.

Diablo2 is out soon anyway. Though I'm waiting for ShadowBane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement