Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono On O'Reily at the RNC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Agreed not bad, but where did he get that accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ColoradoGal

Yes, I saw that too. It was indeed a wonderful interview with Bono. What a brilliant man Bono is. Any man who can see the good in Jesse Helms (and bring it out in him) is destined for sainthood. Seriously, that was one of the best appeals I've ever seen on the Africa Aids crisis from anyone.

((((Bono)))) Americans love Bono like we love the Irish. I'm just sorry you had to see the horrible display of Angry White Men at the Republican Ugly American Convention last night. It was like they were throwing raw meat to pack of angry wolves, very embarrasing. So much for trying to unite the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

God, Bill O'Reilly is such a weasel. See how his opening question is aimed at making sure Bono won't say anything pro-Kerry, because as we all know O'Reillly abhors partisan politics. In fact, in his next breath he basically accuses Democrats of comparing Bush to Satan.

Fair play to Bono for resisting the temptation to strangle that vile prick with
    his bare hands.

Which reminds me of the speech at the Republican Convention by Zen Miller, which follows accusing Kerry of being a treasonous French stooge with calls for more 'bi-partisanship' (i.e. fall in line behind Bush and all pacifists should be shot).

I thought I'd be ready for the Republican slime-machine this time around, but their venality and their willingness tell as many lies as it takes to keep their claws on power has really surprised me. The Republican leadership is beyond redemption, and any remaining grown-ups in the Republican party need to do everything in their power to ensure that Bush is not re-elected, because he will wreck their party and wreck their country. Any American who thinks Bush deserves re-election either hates their country and everything it stands for more than any European 'anti-American' or is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Nice interview - Its clear Bono really cares about the problems in Africa, and I like the way hes been able to get people involved without getting overly involved with those people.

Advertisement