Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC for €3500?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Col_Loki wrote:

[edit] PS the two system aproach is a good option, why not get a crappy dell for the ftp server and build your own gaming rig?

If i had 3k i'd do what Col_Loki said. Get one of them 500euro Computers that you c on the TV and then build your dream gaming machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it was funny seeing the words "Dell" and "upgrade" in the same sentence earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Spend €2,000 on a high end PC and spend the other €1,500 on GETTING A LIFE FFS. Seriously. Spend a month in Thailand or somewhere. Get out of the house. Anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Lol aye go to Thailand and fill yourself with yabba.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Diabolus wrote:
    Marketing is marketing.
    If it sounds better then it is.
    If its an Alienware feature then exploit it.
    Cant argue with it. Just gotta know what lies behind it.

And to Ciaran you all have described some interesting things to come in PC's
    things that i will go for. If Alienware dont do them then they dont do the best.
    Thats what im going for "The Best". Money means jack **** in this.
    So please stop saying u can get this and this for this much less.
    I want the best. If u suggest a better pc than alienware then ill go with it.

C'est tres simpile....

Thing is...

The speed things are changing, it wouldn't be the best for long. But then again you could just go out and buy the best again 4 months later. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

If you want a kick ass rig do as col loki said and go for the a dual cpu set-up but if i was in your shoes ... id go for this mobo and build your rig around this mother Supermicro X6DAE-G2 review below...

forget about this post after reading up on this mobo it states that 1 pci-e slot is 16 lanes and the other is only 4 lanes ,..so sli wont work on this baby ...sorry thats what i was getting at to begin with if you held out for a dual 800 fbs xeons and dual pci-e 16 lanes and youll have a system that nothing would come near...
    i belive that is meant to be such a system around xmas 2004 and also one is coming out based on the 775 chipset

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=xeon64mb&page=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Seriously mate do not go near Alienware its the biggest rip off ever and Dell to, well at least their gaming system is. Just follow everyones advice and build your own system you will get more and far better tech support of us all, then these companies can offer you.
    I know this for a fact, i worked for one of these big gaming machine suppliers and i know how they play ball just look at their prices ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Spend €2,000 on a high end PC and spend the other €1,500 on GETTING A LIFE FFS. Seriously. Spend a month in Thailand or somewhere. Get out of the house. Anything.

...and bring back some (loads) of those 20c coins they have that are nearly exactly like our 2 euro coins, ya will be living the high life on tayto and 1.60euro back for everyone, as most machines still can't tell the difference. Can't believe it myself considering how long ago we first found out about those beauties.

WIN WIN.

Advertisement