Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL's proxy settings

• 02-09-2004 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Can anyone post for me the proxy settings that NTL use in IE?

A mate is having problems accessing the web, but he doens't know the correct proxy settings.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

Proxy settings? there is none.

Perhaps his DNS is messed up, Assuming he uses Windows (XP), Tell him to goto 'Network and Internet Connections' -> 'Network Connections', in 'Control Panel', right click on his Connection, goto 'Properties' -> Select 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' -> click 'Properties' -> make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" is ticked, DNS servers should be able to be obtained automatically too I think, it does for me, but I think I set the DNS servers in my router so I guess it would.

So if it still doesn't work try Adding the following DNS servers

Primary: 194.168.4.100
    Secondary: 194.168.8.100

In Internet Explorer 'Internet options' -> 'Connections' tab -> 'LAN Settings' button -> tick 'Automatically Detect Settings', nothing else there needs to be ticked. (Although again, this works for me with this disabled)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

try cache2-dbln.server.ntli.net port 8080 as the proxy, I go that from NTL a few months ago weh I was having problems with hotmail.

for more info http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html#ntl

Advertisement