Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how would i format my hard drive

Options
  • 02-09-2004 7:15pm

Just wondering what is the procedure for formatting or remastering the hard drive. will i have to reactivate windows xp after it???:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Put your XP cd in and boot from it. Go for the install option and it should ask you do you want to format your disk. Tell it that you do and off it'll go. Its been a while since I've installed XP so sorry about the sketchy details.

I'm from Tipp to if you live near me I'd be willing to take you through the process. PM if you like.

Cheers
    Rory

rmacm wrote:
    Put your XP cd in and boot from it. Go for the install option and it should ask you do you want to format your disk. Tell it that you do and off it'll go. Its been a while since I've installed XP so sorry about the sketchy details.

I'm from Tipp to if you live near me I'd be willing to take you through the process. PM if you like.

Cheers
    Rory

Thanks Rory Cheers. Reckon ill be alright on that.

dave

Advertisement