Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-box live and Belkin 4 port cable/dsl gateway

Options
  • 02-09-2004 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Probably not the the best place to put this but feel free to move it if its is

As everyone knows ive recently got Broadband and everythings hunky dory, now problem is when im trying to hook up my x-box to the belkin router.

the x-box knows theres a connection there and it successfully connects and then it says it needs to update my dashboard, i say yes, stays like that for a few minutes and then says " X-BOX live is not responding please try again later"

Ive been to www.xbox.com/connect and tried everything in there also ive tried

1) putting the ip address into the dmz to have it free from the firewall

2) Enabled upnp

3) Disabled the firewall completely in the router

4) Disabled the firewall on the pc

Still has the error message up, if i could get past the dashboard update id be flying

Also ive tried port forwarding on the router, the settings below are for the x-box apparently

88 tcp
    3074 tcp
    3074 udp

This also doesnt work as it says theres a conflict on port 88, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please let me know me wants to get gaming

Shin

Advertisement