Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuey - the Movie

Options
  • 02-09-2004 8:16pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give you some news about this film that I have been waiting for. I subscribe to the yahoo group that the film makers setup. They have had huge difficulties in getting someone to distribute the film, which is quite amazing considering the popularity of poker but finally NewLine have signed up. It looks like it will be a str8 to DVD release, now renamed to High Roller, certainly on this side of the world and one of the film makers today posted the following:-

Hey High Rollers:
    Well, we're 99.9% delivered to New Line at this point. The film has been transferred to
    video, the music has been remixed, a no-swearing TV version has been completed (which
    was A LOT of work, as you might imagine), and we did a DVD commentary, including:
    * A.W. Vidmer
    * Michael Imperioli
    * Renee Faia
    * Vince Van Patten
    The DVD will also have a Marc Eric music video (the guy who wrote a bunch of the songs in
    the film), and maybe even some surprises!

While we're pretty sure the DVD will hit the street around WSOP time next year, we STILL
    don't know about other earlier plans (theatrical/cable premiere) -- New Line is still mulling
    it over....

Flop quads.

-- AWV

So the wait goes on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Will Peter, Lois, Meg and Hyzepher be in it too?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Theres a hidden easter egg of the Dev commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

DapperGent wrote:
    Will Peter, Lois, Meg and Hyzepher be in it too?

Brilliant! :D

Advertisement