Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband required to view post. ( hi res pics)

• 03-09-2004 1:02am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Very rarely we get some links to posts that require broadband. Found this post in the weather forum so i added a few pics that require broadband to view.

Make sure you dont have windows automatically resizing your pictures. (go to .......>tools>internet options> advanced> multimedia> enable automatice image resizing.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=184710

Chief.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Chief--- wrote:
    Make sure you dont have windows automatically resizing your pictures. (go to .......>tools>internet options> advanced> multimedia> enable automatice image resizing.
    You assuming everyone has IE. For those using Firefox, you can change the image resizing setting by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Multimedia and there is an option there 'Resize large images to fit in the browser window.' That's with Firefox 0.9. Firefox 0.8 is the same, except that the Preferences option is in the Tools menu.

That photo of the hurricane in the carribean is amazing. The hurricane looks like a giant spot on our planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

why would you download an image of such detail, only to distort all quality from it by automatic sesizing? Have you people no deciency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spacedog wrote:
    why would you download an image of such detail, only to distort all quality from it by automatic sesizing? Have you people no deciency?
    Chief--- wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Spacedog wrote:
    Most of the time I want images automatically resized so that I can see what it is I'm supposed to be looking at. With IE, I can resize it to it's full size simply by clicking on the icon in the bottom right, after I've seen it in it's "shrunk" state, and after I've oriented the image in my head.

As far as I'm concerned automatic image resizing is one of the most useful features of current browsers. It gives me the best of both worlds - easy comprehension of an image, and single click access to the full detail. Why would I disable that, and end up scrolling around an unfamiliar image trying to figure out where the interesting bits are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

Ripwave wrote:
    Most of the time I want images automatically resized so that I can see what it is I'm supposed to be looking at. With IE, I can resize it to it's full size simply by clicking on the icon in the bottom right, after I've seen it in it's "shrunk" state, and after I've oriented the image in my head.

As far as I'm concerned automatic image resizing is one of the most useful features of current browsers. It gives me the best of both worlds - easy comprehension of an image, and single click access to the full detail. Why would I disable that, and end up scrolling around an unfamiliar image trying to figure out where the interesting bits are?

I agree. There is no reason to disable that setting, IE users simply have to click the little box that appears at the bottom right of the picture when you run your mouse over it to show the full sized image. Firefox users just need to click on the image. No need to disable anything.

Very nice pics though, thats one hell of a storm. And Ireland is so... green. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A lot of links posted on boards (especially in After Hours) really require BroadBand as they sometimes point to HighRes Videos that would take a year and a day to download!

Advertisement